The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Liquid in FPR Vacuum Line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspekt9

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
I have my boost gauge T'd into my FPR vacuum line and I noticed since I'm using the clear nylon tubing that there's liquid in it?? Not a lot but I can see some sitting in it. I'm assuming it MUST be gas since it's connected to the FPR vacuum line. Why would there be gas in this line? I have an aftermarket (FueLab Fuel Pressure Regulator) with < 500 miles on it, it's brand new.

Possibly related?

I do not have a catch can and I vent the valve cover nipple, this wouldn't cause oil to be sucked through the intake and a little of it get in the FPR line would it?

Have you tried verfiying it's gas? It could be just condensed water vapor. What color is the liquid? How did you go from guessing it's gas to thinking it might be oil? Are you color blind?

Haha, no but I just remembered I didn't have a catch can and probably exacerbated the situation. It's kind of a light light brownish color inside the clear tubing but it could be light hitting it that makes it appear that color, it's hard to see.

So either way there's two possible ways it could have gotten in the line:

1) Through the FPR
If it is GAS then most likely the FPR is leaking and I should contact STM about it?

2) Intake manifold
If it's oil then I should look into why the hell there's oil being sucked in correct?

Also, not sure if it's related, it takes like 7 seconds to crank over when the car has been sitting more than 8 hours. This doesn't happen all the time though.

I'll sniff around tomorrow, PCV valve is working like stock, connected to the manifold.

If its gas there is a seal in your FPR that is leaking =return it explaining the situation of course.

Or its just a vacuum line slightly filled with oil due to normal PCV operation.

Now go smell that crap and solve your problem LOL

Good luck hope its not gas

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back