The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Lets see your HID Retrofit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Replacement bulbs MUST be DOT approved in order to be street legal. Any "kit" bulb is not going to be legal.

And even if your car has OEM HID's, anything above 5000K is not legal for road use.QUOTE]

Must just be Washington. That's why all the manufacturers say "check local laws". I had 25000k bulbs in mine and the cops just looked at them as they rode by. They were almost the color of the cop car blue lights. Maybe my point is that no cop around here is gonna pull out your headlight and see if it says "DOT Approved" and so whether it's DOT aprroved or not isn't enforced but only the color is enforced.

does it matter if its illegal or not. most of the parts we put into our cars is illegal in some states or in some way. who cares. concur with the quote above. in case a cop gives a ticket for it. they have to do some test of somesort or the ticket is not really legit.

would if the hid setup was setup in a way so the beams were not scattered and adjusted perfectly,,? wouldnt that enable the hid setup to pass the test thus make them leagal?

An "HID kit" is simply bulbs and a ballast for the power source. you aren't really modifying anything, just replacing the bulbs. It must be laws in certain regions that restrict HIDs, but here it's just a different color bulb, as long as the color is above 3500k and below 12000k you're good. retrofitting projectors into a headlight housing may be illegal, but HID bulbs aren't, they're only replacement bulbs down here.

Still doesn't make it legal..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back