The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Leather Shift Knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzmosisDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2004
York, Pennsylvania
I have one of the factory leather shift knobs but the leather is worn out and dull and starting to rip. If I peel the leather off is there actually a regular non-leather shift knob underneath? I like the feel of this shift knob so I don't really want to replace it, but I could do without the ugly worn out leather. Anybody know what's underneath?

Or you can get an OEM heavy leather replacement from machv, it's only like 30 bucks now. My talon has the same ripping leather problem as you, yeah it's just a vinyl shifter wrapped in cheap leather.

I actually have the heavy leather one from machv on my n/t but the damn thing doesn't screw on straight. The solution I came to on my n/t was to use the light duty thread lock stuff from autozone. That was a mistake. I used a drop of thread lock on each side of the shifter threads, screwed the knob on to where it felt nice and let it dry. Let me just say it was a PITA trying to get the damn thing off again. I finally twisted it off with a pair of vice grips just to find it doesn't screw on straight on my tsi, and I don't really wanna use thread lock again. Is there any other way to get the screw on type shift knobs to stay straight without using something like thread lock?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back