The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Just Bought the Hawver Mule Car. How may Hawver manifods were made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NordicSaab

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So, two week ago I saw a car about 100 miles from where I live equipped with a a Hawver intake manifold. This was a manifold that I had been searching out for a while, but it seems that the production was very limited. I attempted to work out a deal with the owner to swap out the manifold and give cash on top because the Hawver was all I really wanted.

Long story short I ended up buying the whole car just to get the intake manifold. I swapped over the manifold and starting changing some of the mechanical aspects of the car and found that the car was last registered to Eric Robbins. Eric is the brainchild behind Hawver manifolds. The name Hawver comes from the casting company who originally produced them.

I will post up some pictures of my car, Eric Robbins former car, and my dyno results in the next couple of days. In the mean time I was wondering if anyone knows how many of these manifolds were actually made? I find it coincidental that the one car I find with the manifold on it turns out to be the car formerly owned by the creator...

Any information would be appreciated.

BTW, I am aware the site still exists: http://www.hawvermotorsports.com

Pictures of Hawver car:

Attachments

• 1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L.jpg
    1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-1.jpg
    1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-2.jpg
    1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-3.jpg
    1991-Eagle-Talon-TSi-Hatchback-3-Door-2-0L-3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 248
They stopped making these? Wow I bought one of these brand new from Hawver in 2011 I think. I know another guy locally with one so that's at least 3 that we know of LOL.

So what do you think of that manifold? Pros and cons, maybe if you have any comparison to like a Magnus, or Forrester, etc even stock. I understand it all pertains to your set up and what you want out of it ( all out race, street/strip, auto x) but I am very curious if we, (as a community) can possibly narrow down the variables. Like a low end/mid range vs top end and why does one company make it better, like what dimensions, angles, diameters, degree of taper etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back