The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Junkyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yes! anytime its posible! super cheap! Pull parts yourself, most place will let you (some let u even borrow tools). When u pull your own parts you know what to look for and can take great care in removal and part inspection after removal.

Another trick I learned is because the guy at the junkyard deciedes the price, dress in your crappiest clothes and wipe your hands on engine to get black oil all over yourself and clothes. Junkyards respect you more and give you better prices cuz you dont look rich and look like you know about cars.

TRUST ME!

also if you need a sensor or anything electrical thats small get more than one is case one doesnt work.

another thing is get more than one thing at a time. like for example get a wiper motor and something small like a shift boot cuz they will charge you $10 bucks for the wiper motor alone but just let you get the boot for free cuz together its not worth $15. they usually work in 5 dollar incriments.

half the time when i go to a junkyard I get everything free.

DRESS FOR SUCESS!

why wouldn't you? if it's cheap and good condition ( no cracks) buy it, clean it, sell it, make profit.

My junkyard gives me discounts b/c I speak english... no joke. The junkyard worker tried to tell a customer who spoke spanish that the speaker he picked out cost $75 b/c it had a microprocessor in it! :shhh:

Originally posted by n0va91TSI

Another trick I learned is because the guy at the junkyard deciedes the price, dress in your crappiest clothes and wipe your hands on engine to get black oil all over yourself and clothes. Junkyards respect you more and give you better prices cuz you dont look rich and look like you know about cars.

TRUST ME!

DRESS FOR SUCESS!
this is true for me too, when it come to these cars, i usually gotta pull it off anyways cuz they either dont know what the part is or where its located and what tool u need to take it off.

they may even offer you a job or already think u work for them:D

Originally posted by n0va91TSI

also if you need a sensor or anything electrical thats small get more than one is case one doesnt work.

if its small its in my pocket :)

are there a lot of dsms in junk yards? i want to get a new valve cover and some junky rims for my car cause im going to be painting the ones i have... any idea how much things like these will cost at a junk yard?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back