The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Istalled 660cc FIC injectors - Hesitation cut @ 5500rpm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civic619

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
San_Diego_CALI
I just installed some 660cc in my car and when I rev her up to 5500, its seems like its hitting redline/ hesitation. When I take her out for a spin and bring the RPM's up to that range, it starts to hesitate.

I have the High Map set to -18% across.

Any Ideas?

-18 is WAYYYYYY rich for 100% Thrt.

My 4K,5K,5.5K,6K,7K on Hi map are:
-36, -36 -38,-37, -35

and I have FIC 650 ball and disc injectors. Not really Wideband tuned or anything but I have done a full 3rd gear pull and killed the ignition at 6800 and pulled the plugs on the side of the road, and they are the right color, greyish off white.

But yeah....-18 is Wayyy rich.

gsxtacy

does fic even make 660's, I though 650-720. sry i dont know. do you have an fpr

Hey guys, thanks for the reply...

Im sorry the injectors are 650cc FIC. My mod list hasnt been updated in ages. Here is the current list:

Heavily Ported 14B
3" Turbo Back RRE DP, Test Pipe and Apexi N1
SAFC
ACT 2600
RRE Lightened Flywheel
Injen Intake
1g TB
Ported Manifold
EGT Gauge
Greddy 24R FMIC
Intercooler Piping
Greddy type S
Accel wires
bpr7es Plugs
Walbro 190
Pocketlogger

Hmm, I have my lows set at -26% and based on the o2 readings, it seems lean. So thats why I set my highs to -18% for base setting. But if you all say thats WAYYY to rich for 660cc injectors, then Ill lean it out some.

Where should I start off at? -32%??

With a 14b, and 650's you will definitely have to lean it out atleast 35-40 points on the afc, they are simply toooo big. I have an ss44 ball bearing turbo from AGP and dynoed 318 at all 4 wheels. On 550's I was at -30 to -38 from 4500-7000 rpm's.

I had the same problem last week when I installed 660's. I was running a little rich and fouled the plugs. If you still have the problem try to get new plugs and gap them correctly. Good luck.

I am having the same problem with my b16g. I just put fic 650's in and I am leaned out at -32% across the board almost at high trims. And lows are at -22%. And at about 5500rpm at part throttle not WOT just half throttle roughly it starts sputtering. Should I lean out my low trims more u think?

civic619 said:
I just installed some 660cc in my car and when I rev her up to 5500, its seems like its hitting redline/ hesitation. When I take her out for a spin and bring the RPM's up to that range, it starts to hesitate.

I have the High Map set to -18% across.

Any Ideas?

Well you may be running pig rich up top. But how much boost are you trying to run and are you using a 1g MAF? Anything over 16psi on my 18g and my slightly hacked 1g MAF equalled massive MAF overrun. The car bucked and slammed and felt almost like fuel cutoff. Check your MAF graph on your SAFC. Just to let you know, my car is running 19psi on my 18g and denso 660s and my high throttle settings are about -17 across the board. You car shouldn't be anywhere close to that with a 14b. Like steve said, start at -30 and go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back