The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Is this an EFI PMS what do I need to install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST-RIDER 95

20+ Year Contributor
37
1
Jul 22, 2004
Inland Empire, California
I bought this unit last year on E-bay it came with a 2g Eprom ECU and a partial AVC-R...
since then I sold the ECU and the Boost controller.

One of my friends (a DSM owner as well) pointed out an article on a well known tuner magazine, on a piggyback system made by EFI called the PMS., It resembles the box I got but there are no numbers or tags or names anywhere on the unit....
Can anybody tell just by looking what it is, and if so what is it that I need to hook it up to my car. I know I need the software and a map sensor but other than that I'm lost.
 
Here are more pics
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Yup, thats a PMS. Looks like you are missing the controller pad.

The efisystems website, www.efisystems.com ,has all of the documentation for the system. I used one early on with my car. The PMS is showing its age and you would be better off looking at other systems like DSMLink.

-Russ
 
Is it really is that outdated....
How much could I sell it for?
 
Like VRC said it is missing the handheld pad that you make changes with.

It is pretty old and outdated. I used that back in 96/97 I think. There are better options out there now, like DSMLink.
 
Without the keypad and the GM Map sensor I don't think you will be able to get much for the unit. Maybe you can get lucky on ebay and find someone who needs a replacement CPU box.

I ebay'd mine with a new copy of the logging software for about $300 two years ago.

-Russ
 
I'll probably do that then I'll post it on ebay and see what happens Thanks for your input....
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top