The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Is This A Real 2inch Drop ?!! Help Me !! Pics Inside!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g4g63t

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
ok so i was cheap when i bought my lowering springs...i got a set of :

drop zone 2inch lowering springs...

now that i look at my car i dont know if its a real 2inch drop...i payed $80 for them and i wished i hadnt gotten them now..

the 1st pic is of my car w/ them on some 17" wheels tell me what you think...

so i was looking at some other drop springs and shocks/struts...what is really good out there ? i was looking at:

eibach springs
tokico shocks springs and struts
tein shocks springs and struts

now im if i buy those, those should show a real 2inch drop ....
the 2nd pic is of a 1g eclipse but i duno what drop its got but it does have 18" wheels..

Attachments

• PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 904
  • cmi.jpg
    cmi.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 896
Here's my car with a set of agx's and eibach sportlines.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They claim this is a 1.75" drop, but with my 16's it doesn't look terribly low. Rides and handles decent as well for drop in springs and cheap adjustable shocks.

That's my girlfriends old car in the 2nd pic with coilovers. She just lowered it til the gap was close to Nil. I just put 2" drop sprint springs on my 2g yesterday and I can just barely put my pinky finger in the gap.

my_gst95

The lowest recommended ride height for 1G's is about 26" up front and 26 1/2" out back (the rear upper mounts apparently have different shapes for 89-91's and 92-94's, or something to that extent). Anything lower will have an adverse effect on your suspension geometry.

And your g/f's car looks hot. :|

Turbo Shogun said:
The lowest recommended ride height for 1G's is about 26" up front and 26 1/2" out back (the rear upper mounts apparently have different shapes for 89-91's and 92-94's, or something to that extent). Anything lower will have an adverse effect on your suspension geometry.

And your g/f's car looks hot. :|

where is that measured from? ground to fender lip? or somewhere else?

Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell if it is a true 2" drop by your picture but that flat tire of yours could be making it misleading. Hopefully you have a Before picture so you can analyze the two pics side to side

Anyway, just a side note question, with a drop like 1.5" do you think it is neccessary that you have to get performance shocks/struts with the setup or can you still live with just the lowering springs and an alignment...Keep in mind this would mean the drop would be for improving wheel gap, not for performance

1g4g63t said:
ok so i was cheap when i bought my lowering springs...i got a set of :

drop zone 2inch lowering springs...

now that i look at my car i dont know if its a real 2inch drop...i payed $80 for them and i wished i hadnt gotten them now..

the 1st pic is of my car w/ them on some 17" wheels tell me what you think...

so i was looking at some other drop springs and shocks/struts...what is really good out there ? i was looking at:

eibach springs
tokico shocks springs and struts
tein shocks springs and struts

now im if i buy those, those should show a real 2inch drop ....
the 2nd pic is of a 1g eclipse but i duno what drop its got but it does have 18" wheels..
doesnt looked dropped at all to me

SpoolinV8ETR said:
where is that measured from? ground to fender lip? or somewhere else?

That's from the top of your fender lip to the ground, I believe.

Turbo Shogun said:
That's from the top of your fender lip to the ground, I believe.

looks like a 1" drop to me. A 2 inch drop should be just above the tire, A 1.75 drop looks lower than that, I have seen one in person with a 1.75 drop and it was a lil above the tire with 17s

RED&BlackGSX said:
looks like a 1" drop to me. A 2 inch drop should be just above the tire, A 1.75 drop looks lower than that, I have seen one in person with a 1.75 drop and it was a lil above the tire with 17s

If you're referring to my 1.75" drop, it used to sit alot lower when it still weighed another 200+lbs or so.

the second picture is now my friends car, its got sprint springs and lowered 2 inches on 16's and it still doesnt have as much gap as your car does, something isnt right with your car if you lowered it 2 inches i think.

the picture in my signature is sprint springs with koni yellows, as you can see, not much gap.

p.s.

it also seems like you have some pretty low profile tires man. might be causing the visual problem, what size tires are those?

I wouldn't of relied on those ebay springs or the no-name ones. It appears that you didn't want to spend a lot of money on springs but you could've at least got progress springs which give a good drop and I think are reliable.

Springs will settle over time but I still don't think it'll be near 2" by the time it settles.

The flat tire doesn't help the perspective.

Are you sure you have them installed correctly? Measure from the ground to the center of the wheel arch. Then come on here and ask REALLY nicely for someone to measure their stock car. I would have to say the spring isn't seated properly. Have you driven it around the block yet? Whenever you jack an end up, it will sit higher when you lower it.

Rim diameter has no effect on the ride height... well... if you up size correctly it shouldn't.

What is the size of the tires on your car? The wheel gap looks huge almost as though the tires are too small. Did you buy those from some other type of car used or something. Maybe it's just me but those look like 205/40/17's or somethign which are way to small for a DSM.

DSMJim said:
What is the size of the tires on your car? The wheel gap looks huge almost as though the tires are too small. Did you buy those from some other type of car used or something. Maybe it's just me but those look like 205/40/17's or somethign which are way to small for a DSM.

these are a 205/40/17...damn your good...anyways they came off a mazda protege..

Yeah 205/55/16 is stock, so there goes a little bit of your problem. Maybe like 215/45/17. But it won't make THAT much of a difference, I would still say it's just the springs itself. If not that then re-check the install.

2GeNTSi said:
Yeah 205/55/16 is stock, so there goes a little bit of your problem. Maybe like 215/45/17. But it won't make THAT much of a difference, I would still say it's just the springs itself. If not that then re-check the install.

when i re-check the install what should i look for ?

9546DSC00142.JPG

Here's my 92 on sprint springs and AGX's. Sprints claim a 2 inch drop, I'd say yours is not even close. Find the right size tires first, then maybe it will look a little better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back