The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Is my E85 bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I haven't driven/started my e85 vehicle in about three months. It has about a half a tank of E85 in it. Is it possible that it's gone bad? I plan on starting it up and driving it today. I am contemplating emptying it, but I don't know how I would dispose of the E85. Thanks

Edit: I have an E85 content tester, but if I drained some out of the tank to test, I would assume I would only get the denser of the substances if it has indeed seperated.

Water is what you gotta worry about most. Ethanol is highly hygroscopic. If ethanol separates, as soon as that pump turns on your whole tank starts mixing from the return fuel flowing back.

...and alcohol is highly corrosive - loosens up everything in its path.

Fuel sitting that long will loosen up what's in the lines ... plan on a few fuel filters, or flush the tank out prior to getting the vehicle back running.

You should just drain it, probably would be best. If you start it its probably going to run like crap anyway.

Hasn't been sitting for too long, if your worried just get some fuel stabilizer in it before you start it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back