The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

is it just me or is that jarule "im from ny" song so stupid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryu said:
i dont know about snoop tho...you heard that new song w/him and the guy from neptunes? "when the feds try to get at you, park it like its hot, park it like its hot" "when a ##### gives you a attitude, pop itlike its hot, pop it like its hot." im not sure of the exact words but i remember they were really stupid.

maybe you should listen to the wheels on the bus go round and round... maybe that will make since enough to you and you can relate to that.... i know you dont listen to rap or you would know THAT GUY FROM THE NEPTUNES! Pharrell Williams. is the one that does most of hip hops beats and has been doing so for a while even before he blew up. Look listen and observe cause you my friend are a HERB. find the meaning of that... :laugh: :thumbdown

Every city has bad areas. I used to live in philly and it has alot of bad areas. That doesn't mean you can write worthless lyrics about carrying 100 guns cuz your from New York. If your proud of where your from at least spend more than a minute to write meaningful lyrics that come from your heart...and if your gonna tell me those lyrics were written from his heart, than he's a goddamn retard. I know everyones entitled to their opinions but some of the shit thats played on the radio today is garbage. -Matt :thumbdown

i think its more of you hating on someone making money off of a song you could of came up with THE HOOK. THE HOOK is not the song ....

Gary 420A RS said:
live in new york then and talk about not seeing guns and not... i lived in staten island for about 6 months with my aunt. try walking down the street with out getting stopped by acouple of haitians with guns asking you where your from... you know nothing about new york and yet your sauming that new york is nice because you visit. and by visit you probably meen 42nd street. and time square. nice place to visit. :thumb:

Like stated, every place has their "bad side of town"... obviously some worse than others. There's no need to get heated over this fellas :p

if i have to listen to "in da club", "yeah" or "hot in hurr" one more time im going to go freaking insane belligerent and kill the god dam dj's playing this shit. just cause im in the club, doesnt mean im "in da club". seriously. rap now has gotten so god dam retarded its unbelieveable. from chingy to lil jon, it amazes me the crap that sells nowadays. the new luda :thumbdown the new ja :thumbdown the new fabulous :thumbdown the new eminem :thumbdown (which saddens me cause i like eminem but when people but in in politics of which they have no idea on the facts and do it just to fit in, they lose my faith). usher was good when he had my way, nice and slow, and you remind me, now hes :thumbdown . missy elliot, revolutionized it and is now turning it to crap :thumbdown snoop dogg remaking riders on the storm and putting it in the ricers delight game, now everytime i drive around, each kid in a honduh has that bumpin, if i were jim morrison id haunt him :thumbdown g g g gunit :thumbdown any rapper whos name that begins with a Lil' = :thumbdown
:thumb:

Thomas91169 said:
if i have to listen to "in da club", "yeah" or "hot in hurr" one more time im going to go freaking insane belligerent and kill the god dam dj's playing this shit. just cause im in the club, doesnt mean im "in da club". seriously. rap now has gotten so god dam retarded its unbelieveable. from chingy to lil jon, it amazes me the crap that sells nowadays. the new luda :thumbdown the new ja :thumbdown the new fabulous :thumbdown the new eminem :thumbdown (which saddens me cause i like eminem but when people but in in politics of which they have no idea on the facts and do it just to fit in, they lose my faith). usher was good when he had my way, nice and slow, and you remind me, now hes :thumbdown . missy elliot, revolutionized it and is now turning it to crap :thumbdown snoop dogg remaking riders on the storm and putting it in the ricers delight game, now everytime i drive around, each kid in a honduh has that bumpin, if i were jim morrison id haunt him :thumbdown g g g gunit :thumbdown any rapper whos name that begins with a Lil' = :thumbdown

I second that, Except I do think Missy and Eminem are climbing back up slowly ... I though Em's ENCORE cd was pretty good.. I have a feeling that its comming back slowly for them 2...

Other side though, thats why I listen to Underground Hip Hop (Lifesavas, Blackalicious, Jurrasic 5) thats real rap

Gary 420A RS said:
maybe you should listen to the wheels on the bus go round and round... maybe that will make since enough to you and you can relate to that.... i know you dont listen to rap or you would know THAT GUY FROM THE NEPTUNES! Pharrell Williams. is the one that does most of hip hops beats and has been doing so for a while even before he blew up. Look listen and observe cause you my friend are a HERB. find the meaning of that... :laugh:
live in new york then and talk about not seeing guns and not... i lived in staten island for about 6 months with my aunt. try walking down the street with out getting stopped by acouple of haitians with guns asking you where your from... you know nothing about new york and yet your sauming that new york is nice because you visit. and by visit you probably meen 42nd street. and time square. nice place to visit
:thumbdown

haha. yoru about to feel stupid. the wheels on the bus?i got into rap because i DID relate to it.at 16 i dropped out of school and to sell drugs and get ####ed up w/my friends.spent time (short, only few months) homeless, trouble w/law and drugs. you dont even know me dude. :rolleyes: my life went all to hell and i was bumpin to pac and dre and some other stuff.(long story short) i dont know rap because i cant remember a sucky mc's name? i dont car who pharrell is. if he made good beats. good. he should have stuck w/beat makiing. NEW YORK IS NICE! not like your dumb ass will see that tho! iv gotten a gun stuck to my head twice 2 4 my money. my friends have gotten robbed also. i live on the borderline of dc and maryland.im 10 min drive from dcs "ghetto" i used to need to go there all the time. andi cant say its safe.but its no fawking ghetto.IV HAVE SEEN REAL GHETTO. some real slums. when i went to thailand i saw real ghetto. iv been to the ghetto in newyork jack ass. it wasnt the most fun thing but its not like you walk in and you get killed.i went there because i just wanted to check it out. that might sound stupid but i always try to see "both sides" where ever i go."you are a HERB, find the meaning of that" find the meaning of that? shut up you ass. am i supposed to feel stupid because i dont know your internet slang?how about this. shut up you judge nmental,nerrow minded ass thruster :thumb:

and like that othe rguy said! its one thing to be proud of new york. like i SAID nothing wrong w/that! "100 guns and im from new york"? give me a break. first of all...why the fawk would soembody need 100 guns and 100 clips??what a dumb ass.why would you have a clip for every gun?like he is going to use 100 at the same time? :rolleyes: this is so stupid.
Gary 420A RS "i think its more of you hating on someone making money off of a song you could of came up with THE HOOK. THE HOOK is not the song ...."

im having a hard time understand what the hell your saying but if i understand it correctly... yes your right. i am "hating" on him because he made a song that takes no talent or brains.its hard to see idiots w/idiot rhymes make mills from idiot buyers.

BigLGST"Ill be the first to say that I CANT STAND JA RULE, but that song is one of the best in hip hop/rap right now, just because your not into the music doesnt mean its stupid. And the song is about being proud of where you are from, about half those guys grew up without half the sh!t you probably have now,
sayin hes form new york is just showing where he is from... Its like sports team, you cheer for your home team unless you jump on another cities bandwagon...or a better example is like being proud that your american but someone saying that your STUPID because your proud about being american....
HipHop/Rap have changed from what it use to be...and though it might not be the same there are some that do appreciate the music like me....on behalf of all hip hop/rap artist I apologize if YOU dont like it ..."

do i sence a little sarcasm? you will be the first to say you cant stand ja rule but that song is one of the best in hip hop/rap right now? dude. i question your inteligence. why dont you tell me how the song is good? and did i say all of rap and hip hop sucks? cause you made it sound like i did. good artists ARE out there.sounds like you dont know any of them if you thing that new york song is the hottest song out. :rolleyes:
"about half those guys grew up without half the shit you probably have now"
once again....people judge me. my mother was 20 when i was born. she moved to america from japan when i was 5 years old. my father left b4 i turned 1 and my mom busted her ass in the not so nice area in arlington va. we had no fam here in the states and lived by the penny.you dont know shit about me.im lucky that my mom ended up marryin a guy who has done well. this was around 5 years ago. shortly after i got drug addiction problems, got arrested and got kicked out of my house. im not going to get into all that but what im trying to say is that.YOU DONT KNOW ME. you dont know anyone. what you should have dont is question why im saying what im saying. not accuse me of not knowing. :rolleyes: pride is pride. but being cocky is being cocky. rapin about nothing is...rappin about nothin.that song has crappy rhymes.thats why it sucks. i know songs that dont have crappy rhymes. they dont suck.its that simple.only reason you cant understand this is because your one of two things. brainwashed, or really young.ja rule is NOT HIP HOP. he just sucks.peace

oh and about the club songs. they are club songs. i must say... they are fun to dance to. and maybe the rhymes suck. but it IS fun to dance to. but thats what those songs are good for.dancing. but you wont be hearing that shit in my car........well.... maybe once in a while.

i just skimmed thru my post and saw way 2 many missspells and typos to fix.sorry in advance. what cna i say. i type fast,suck in spelling and am to lazy to spell check.peace :thumb:

ryu said:
do i sence a little sarcasm? you will be the first to say you cant stand ja rule but that song is one of the best in hip hop/rap right now? dude. i question your inteligence. why dont you tell me how the song is good? and did i say all of rap and hip hop sucks? cause you made it sound like i did. good artists ARE out there.sounds like you dont know any of them if you thing that new york song is the hottest song out. :rolleyes:
"about half those guys grew up without half the shit you probably have now"
once again....people judge me. my mother was 20 when i was born. she moved to america from japan when i was 5 years old. my father left b4 i turned 1 and my mom busted her ass in the not so nice area in arlington va. we had no fam here in the states and lived by the penny.you dont know shit about me.im lucky that my mom ended up marryin a guy who has done well. this was around 5 years ago. shortly after i got drug addiction problems, got arrested and got kicked out of my house. im not going to get into all that but what im trying to say is that.YOU DONT KNOW ME. you dont know anyone. what you should have dont is question why im saying what im saying. not accuse me of not knowing. :rolleyes: pride is pride. but being cocky is being cocky. rapin about nothing is...rappin about nothin.that song has crappy rhymes.thats why it sucks. i know songs that dont have crappy rhymes. they dont suck.its that simple.only reason you cant understand this is because your one of two things. brainwashed, or really young.ja rule is NOT HIP HOP. he just sucks.peace

oh and about the club songs. they are club songs. i must say... they are fun to dance to. and maybe the rhymes suck. but it IS fun to dance to. but thats what those songs are good for.dancing. but you wont be hearing that shit in my car........well.... maybe once in a while.

i just skimmed thru my post and saw way 2 many missspells and typos to fix.sorry in advance. what cna i say. i type fast,suck in spelling and am to lazy to spell check.peace :thumb:

Plain and simple jerk.....if its sooooooooooo stupid why is it number one or number 2 on the list. Obviously those that appreciate the music dont think its that stupid if its in the top 10. Dont be mad you dont have the talent....if you dont like it well it isnt that hard to turn the knob on your broke ass radio or push the button on the remote on your 13" tv...Jeez

Back in the 80's people could say that harlem or many parts of nyc was ghetto. Things done changed. This thread went south when people spoke about the place like they lived there all their lives.

For you that watch a lot of bet and mtv and spend memorizing streets from watching law and order. I have not been to single place that you would have someone that makes six figures interact with someone that can't even get themselves something to eat.

I do not believe a place that is called ghetto can have 400.000 dollar homes or people spending 2,000 month on a 3 bedroom apartment.

I'm from Africa and I have seen REAL ghettos. If you have a house with a solid roof, solid walls, running water, power, indoor toilet etc you DO NOT live in a ####ing ghetto. Go to the shanty villages in India or the Mathare/Kawangware slums/shanty towns in Nairobi Kenya then you will see a real ghetto. Where people bathe and piss in the same water they drink and cook with because they have to....you guys have no ####ing clue. :thumb:

All the best hip hop was from 86'-96', peaking in the later 4yrs. Thereafter, it died, to me. :rolleyes:

BigLGST said:
Plain and simple jerk.....if its sooooooooooo stupid why is it number one or number 2 on the list. Obviously those that appreciate the music dont think its that stupid if its in the top 10. Dont be mad you dont have the talent....if you dont like it well it isnt that hard to turn the knob on your broke ass radio or push the button on the remote on your 13" tv...Jeez

broke ass radio?13' tv? :rolleyes: are you going to make dumb cuts cause you cant make a good point? why is it number one? because its the trend!its cool to like shit like that right now.so if i dont like the music im supposed to just shut up? dude. i can say if i dont like it if i want. the reason i was saying it was im just getting so tired of this shit taking over the goddamn radio and tv.and i dont watch that much tv! but i do like good music and it sucks that when i do watch tv.its plagued w/crap like this. just beecause its popular doesnt mean that its good. fast food sells alot.is it good for your body?no. but people still buy that shit. its on top of the count down because we are becoming a consumer based culture. apperantly we can buy everything from pride to happiness.this song is stupid and has nothing to do w/struggles of living a hard life. all he is doing is throwing ny's name for a hit.and poeple who dont know any better, buy into that shit. its ok if a bunch of you guys think im a ass for saying what im saying. cause i feel like i should be saying.im not trying to just stur up problems or think im some kind of preacher. but when i see so many poeple brainwashed by the media, its hard not to say anything.

and this thread isnt dumb.you know why? because MAYBE just one person who reads this thread MIGHT change the way they hear this kind of music. peace

Brainwashed by the media?....oh here we go. You wanna talk about media?....think about the fan base for this guy. It's mostly teens and young adults.... there are plenty of songs (inlcuding hiphop) that talk about real life problems....some songs are just for fun, about having a good time, about "reppin" where you're from...and that appeals to lots of people.

Music is sometimes listened to b/c certain lyrics relate to a problem you're going through in your life......and sometimes music is listened to less intently...it is listened to more for the beat for lack of better words.... I don't think music would be half as enjoyable if it was ALL about real life.

That's just how the hip hop culture is.....they're all about being proud of where they're from whether it be NY, the "dirty south", or what have you....it's also a lot about having money and girls, dancing, and fun.

I agree that there are some hiphop songs that just suck....but I simply move on. What I think many are *trying* to say here is that if you don't like the song, that is great, but is it really a big deal?

Popular music culture is all about corporate cloning. You find what's popular at the moment, and cram it down everyone's throats. Hence why boy bands get popular every 8-10 years.

Dollar Dollar bill, y'all.

:rolleyes:

EclpzLvr97 said:
Brainwashed by the media?....oh here we go. You wanna talk about media?....think about the fan base for this guy. It's mostly teens and young adults.... there are plenty of songs (inlcuding hiphop) that talk about real life problems....some songs are just for fun, about having a good time, about "reppin" where you're from...and that appeals to lots of people.
Music is sometimes listened to b/c certain lyrics relate to a problem you're going through in your life......and sometimes music is listened to less intently...it is listened to more for the beat for lack of better words.... I don't think music would be half as enjoyable if it was ALL about real life.
That's just how the hip hop culture is.....they're all about being proud of where they're from whether it be NY, the "dirty south", or what have you....it's also a lot about having money and girls, dancing, and fun.
I agree that there are some hiphop songs that just suck....but I simply move on. What I think many are *trying* to say here is that if you don't like the song, that is great, but is it really a big deal?

first let me say thanks for trying to make a REAL argument.
but i never said that all of hip hop sucks. i do hear good songs and i give them credit for it. some people say that hip hop is changing. i dont think it is. i think the new shit that comes out shouldnt be called hip hop. more like hip pop. like that guy above me said. supply for demand. people want it, so they make it.poeple do listen to music to get thru hard times. i know this. i still do it. but some songs aare just made JUST to make money.they arent about the art of making music.its about the money. and we live in a culture that cares to much about looking cool. i remember some of the stuff that came out b4 rap became so commercialized.i dont consider stupid songs like that a addition to the hip hop revolution. hip hop does have alot of influence all over the world. but so many of them dont even understand what they are bumpin to.i lived in japan and was appauled by the idiots listnin to dre, and saying that smoking weed is bad. they dont know what they are playing. how many poeple could possibly relate to "iv got a hundred guns and clips and am from new yawk"??? he jjust wants to sound cool. and it works.
yes brain washed poeple. i will get into it. because thats exactly what it is. maybe my view of "hip hop" is diff from many other people. i DONT think all hip hop is,is "all about being proud, girls, money and fun." what happend to rhyme skills? what happend to being deep and using your brain and talent to tare apart the bull shit standards that are put apon us by socioty? what happened to real pride? pride for your own work? what about the love for one another? much of the rap today has lost what first drove rapping to the sky.seems like it doesnt matter what rhymes are in a song today.as long has your prancing around w/your crew/throwing around money and drive a expensive car. you have a hit.oh yeah, and you gotta have a club friendly beat.

is it a big deal? yes i think it is. im surrounded by poeple who would rather look cool then to be cool. or maybe it really IS cool.? the meaning of being cool is made by the poeple. and if more than half of the poeple think its cool. i guess it IS cool. so im uncool, but atleast, no more am i a product of a superficial lifestyle. and i know that hip hop is not the first type of music to get crippled by money. shit like this happens to all types of music. i wonder what it will be next. i hope its music that doesnt have words. :rolleyes: you guys should try salsa music.learne the step, and dance to the music. it changed my world.i cant even tell you how great it is. its like im on drugs when im dancing.

You're absolutely right, RYU. I hear what you're saying now.

I know you weren't bashing *all* hiphop....and I definately hear you on songs that seem to be made just for money and what is truly good hiphop/rap. Besides the creativity, I still do say though, that much of it is about women & power basically....as well as some with more "real life" messages.

When I think of real hiphop, I think of the group, The Roots...they've always been real good, in my opinion. When I think of good rap/hiphop, I think of JayZ (remember this is just my opinion) Others such as JaRule and these various dirty south groups, again, in my opinion, are not the epiphany of hiphop, yet they are still included in the genre/culture. They'll have a good song here and there, but overall, nothing substantial.

I love hiphop because of the many influences from other musics it has. You hear songs with a Spanish flavor to it, even middle eastern sounds as well as using beats from older songs....I personally love all that. Mix tapes, new beats, old ones, etc.

As for Salsa/Merengue.....yes, I hear you on that too! I absolutely love it. :cool:

Alot of todays rap is just about a good beat and something you can dance to. People try to look for a deeper meaning and crack it because it doesn't have any. Well they aren't trying to mean anthing, they just want people to want to jam in the club to it, not for people to sit around the coffee shop like "I dont like your attitude, you do shit that them hoes on the rag would do" and "get high and spit fire with the AK" I can really feel the stress related towards growing up as a black man on the streets" (Whats Happenin by Ying Yang twins). I kinda like the "im from NY" song as well as Lil Jon, Bone crusher, Trick Daddy, Big Tymers etc. These are no-meaning rappers, great for cruising in the car and blasting when drunk or at a club. Thats thier sole purpose. I like other rap as well Eminem, Dre, Jay Z etc, ones with messages however I realize some rappers have a message, and some just have good rythm and want to make some punding jams.

TurboDropTop said:
Alot of todays rap is just about a good beat and something you can dance to. People try to look for a deeper meaning and crack it because it doesn't have any. Well they aren't trying to mean anthing, they just want people to want to jam in the club to it, not for people to sit around the coffee shop like "I dont like your attitude, you do shit that them hoes on the rag would do" and "get high and spit fire with the AK" I can really feel the stress related towards growing up as a black man on the streets" (Whats Happenin by Ying Yang twins). I kinda like the "im from NY" song as well as Lil Jon, Bone crusher, Trick Daddy, Big Tymers etc. These are no-meaning rappers, great for cruising in the car and blasting when drunk or at a club. Thats thier sole purpose. I like other rap as well Eminem, Dre, Jay Z etc, ones with messages however I realize some rappers have a message, and some just have good rythm and want to make some punding jams.

good point. no meaning rappers have a their part. but since its so mainstreem. thats all thats on the radio and tv.all music has stuff like this. it would be much easier to swollow if it wasnt the only thing on the radio. im left unable to hear good music the traditional way. what? now im supposed to go to some underground club to hear good rhymes?i dond have the time or money to do stuff like this. and i sure as hell dont have the resources.

Anything that has jada or any of d-block is fowkn hot I dont car if its with the spice girls much less ja-rule. Im glad to hear something like this song get drop on the radio the usally are to afriad to play something hard. I no that ja had gotten ### and this is the only decent song on his new cd but I think that ish is hot :thumb:

Not all RAP is hip-hop. Hip hop is DJing, MCing (yes, you actually need to have skills to rhyme) and Graffiti. Ja Rule does neither of those. :thumb:

You want to listen to real hip-hop? Grab a KRS-1, Gangstarr, Kool G Rap, Nice and Smooth, Big Daddy Kane, Biggie, Pac, etc. That Nelly, Chingy, Lil John shit may bump, but it's no hip hop. It sucks big time. :thumbdown

Thomas91169 said:
if i have to listen to "in da club", "yeah" or "hot in hurr" one more time im going to go freaking insane belligerent and kill the god dam dj's playing this shit. just cause im in the club, doesnt mean im "in da club". seriously. rap now has gotten so god dam retarded its unbelieveable. from chingy to lil jon, it amazes me the crap that sells nowadays. the new luda :thumbdown the new ja :thumbdown the new fabulous :thumbdown the new eminem :thumbdown (which saddens me cause i like eminem but when people but in in politics of which they have no idea on the facts and do it just to fit in, they lose my faith). usher was good when he had my way, nice and slow, and you remind me, now hes :thumbdown . missy elliot, revolutionized it and is now turning it to crap...
Thomas91169 said:
don't forget jay-z :thumbdown

I do listen to some of that music, but a lot of it does get on my nerves too. I like all kinds of music: rap, alternative, rock, techno, progressive, euro, freestyle, some oldies, and some metal

The thing about music these days is it's all about money. rappers make songs that djs will play in clubs and that have good beats(hint hint: lil' Jon) and songs that girls will shake their ass to and about starting shit in the club. Ever notice all the new song have hooks about telling someone off of kicking someones ass? It's pretty g*y I know.

#1) NY is the best city in the country, so that clears that up. (I've been to a lot of other and nothing even comes close)
#2) Ja Rule didn't come up with that hook, it's from an old KRS-1 song, so at least know what you're talking about before you make fun of it.
#3) Yes, Ja Rule sucks as a rapper..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back