The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Intake manifolds testing - April 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm going to weld my own sheetmetal intake manifold. :|

Originally posted by set3422
Last but not least, CYCLONE INTAKE MANIFOLD should also be on the contender list.

1. The test is already over, so it's too late.

2. They were testing performance manifolds, not JDM ricer yO parts. The cyclone has no place on a fast DSM.

Huge thanks goes out to those of you who arranged this, whether you know it or not. It's the people who have not said anything who appreciate this the most, because they have the respect to keep quite and allow you to release the results at your discretion. Don't discount the good guys because of a few whiners.

Thank you.

Deleted off-topic posts.

Damn I can't wait for these results.

Is there a known date when the contributors will get the results? Did they say they would be up in a few days? We should all chip in a few bucks so we could get the results early. Im sure they wouldnt mind us posting them before the general public sees them if we give them enough $$dough$$. Just a thought...~Matt

Originally posted by sting0004
Is there a known date when the contributors will get the results? Did they say they would be up in a few days?

The results are out for those who helped. Originally they were going to be made public on thursday, but that might be delayed - its up to Hal and the gang. Those people who post stupid stuff like "whos gonna be the winner" and "top three" are the reason they might not be released yet. If you are expecting one to make 75 more horsepower than all the rest, you are in for a surprise.

We should all chip in a few bucks so we could get the results early.

That would have been an excellent idea last week. I am sure they spent a LOT of money out-of-pocket just to do this test. Its amazing how many people are waiting to see the results.

In my own opinion from my own 12 years of racing my "90" AWD......Patience is the key:thumb:

Originally posted by 10-seconds2luv
In my own opinion from my own 12 years of racing my "90" AWD......Patience is the key:thumb:

Exactly. I didn't find out about this until now, but thanks to all who contributed. It will be interesting to see how each performs, and in which ways!

Just be patient guys ;)

They actually all look pretty close to each other in airflow characteristics. I would say they are all Good manifolds by looking. The BJ's and Dejon seem very similar to me.

Originally posted by RuBiCaNT5X
How about the 1G kicking strong from 4500 - 6600 rpms give or take... Price vs. Performance, 1G > *

Yeah I was looking at that too. It doesnt seem that the aftermarket ones outperform the stock 1g enough to be worth $600+ each.
I already ordered a magnus tho, been waiting about 3-4 weeks now :mad:

Originally posted by Boosted98gsx
remember guys, that's just airflow (ie the amount of air that CAN flow through the intake), not the horsepower. Air velocity is where the power comes from.

Agreed, but there is no way other than a flow bench to measure intake air velocity. So is there any other way to judge? Maybe VE perhaps?

These tests where done just unbolting one and then puttin ong another, correct? If so the dyno numbers mean little since none where tuned to make the most power for their band. AIrflow results are helpful glad to see my magnus still pulling all the way up top though.:thumb: AOuld have loved to seen this test run out to 9k or 9500

I love how they announced this test 3 days after i ordered my Venom intake manifold....hopefully i can still return it!

Originally posted by Wheels-a-turnin
I love how they announced this test 3 days after i ordered my Venom intake manifold....hopefully i can still return it!

What are you talking about? :confused:

If this test told us anything is that the old Venom intake outperformed just about anything else out there. Returning a NEW style Venom intake, based on this test makes no sense…

What is odd about this test is that in all test, his power was dying off by 7500rpms. That is odd, because my car (with nearly identical set-up) went all they way to 9k!

My power band was between 6-9k, which is very different from his (4500-7500).

But, if I was building an engine for 4000-7000rpms, stock manifold would be my first choice.

Leon
RR

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back