The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Intake manifolds testing - April 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes, we did the test yesterday.

We are compiling the results and will release them when we are done.

We know you are waiting for results, but on the flip side... how many of you who are "waiting" made a contribution to help cover the cost of this event, or supplied a manifold to test?

Thos who did, will get access to the results before the general public.

Hal

Originally posted by Slappster
Still waiting with no payin. You guys decided to be the nice dsmer's that you are and do this test, now you want "contributions for it". Now thats a real dsmer;)

dude he said the results are going to be released. its not like you can compile and organize all the results in 5 min. you people need to chill out and just wait.

Originally posted by Slappster
Still waiting with no payin. You guys decided to be the nice dsmer's that you are and do this test, now you want "contributions for it". Now thats a real dsmer;)

No, you should go back re-read the post.

I said as special thanks to those that DID contribute, they will get to see the results first.

Hal

- toonerz... gotta love em

Even though I won't be buying an intake mani for probably another year or so, I can't wait to hear the results.

Also, how would an aftermarket IM do on a t25. Would it even be worth it? Would there be any gains at all?

Thanks,
Jake

intake manifold should be one of the last mods. it would be stupid to cosider with a t25 if you cant even afford a 400 dollar 16g.

lets keep this thread only about the test though.

I'm waiting untill I see the test to buy a manifold..

Hey is it possible Hal to send a little green and get some indepth results early...

I love the idea of this test being done using such a well put together setup.Im just not sure I like the atmosphere of information rationing. Or divining the dsm community into sections by levels of importance. We are all grateful for this test.

I think it has been pointed out that there probably won't be a "winner". One manifold may have peak power, another may have a very broad power band. The winning manifold will be the one that best suits our own particular application in the best manner.

The information is not being rationed.

The people who contributed to making the test happen get to see it two days before everyone else.

In the end, everyone will see the same information.

Hal

Originally posted by Sleepr DSM
By the way, tests like this are one hell of a way to get great publicity for the shop running them. It builds the reputation.

A shop didn't set this test up.

It was done by a small group of individuals who already had a reputation established in the DSM community.

A reputation so well established that private individuals as well as vendors were willing to send manifolds to be tested.

They did this knowing that based on the established reputations that:

1) The testing would happen
2) The testing would be fair and impartial
3) The manifolds would be returned in a timely manner

Hal

Hey Hal First of all Thank you and everyone who made this possible.
Even though I have a sheet metal intake mani already, I am looking forward to the results.

If I had known about the donations earlier I would have given a few bucks.

Last but not least, CYCLONE INTAKE MANIFOLD should also be on the contender list.

The wait is killing me, I wish I hadn't seen this thread until the results were posted, then anxiety wouldn't be a problem.

I know I'll base my intake manny purchase off this test.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back