The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Installing Lower Timing belt Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
This is for a 6 bolt, and I was able to take it off but I got a new one I really dont want to mess up.
Any tips on putting in the new one? Like what should I take off as well to make this easier.

take your time and make sure you use the correct bolts. besides taking your time it should be a snap. oh the only thing i had to take off was the driver side tire to get to it with ease.

It simple take off the old one and install the new one nothing to mess up. remove everything in the way pulleys, and belts.

Yeah thats my biggest problem, i dont think I put the bolts in the right places, I ordered the bolts off of extreme psi, but the majority of them seemed the same other than the 3.

I finally got the cover on though. What are the consenquences of using the wrong bolts?

Ya know, I noticed that too. A couple months ago I bought the same bolt kit from Xpsi and didn't match what I needed. I even looked up the P/N via CAPS/ASA parts program according to the VIN.

Lol and i thought maybe i had ordered the wrong bolts, but I checked JNZ and I believe they do the same thing. its reallly, odd. IDK though, I think I got the timing cover on pretty good.

Next is figuring out where that frickin ignition power pack goes.I thought It went on the bottom of the intake of the intake manifold. I hope not ### I already have the head and mani installed

This is from the 1G manual. 22 is the connector for power transistor. 21 is for the coil packs. Hope that helps

Attachments

• pwr trans.jpg
    pwr trans.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 87
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back