The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Installing a staging brake on a 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So would it be safe to say that after installing a staging brake you should bleed your brakes?
Most definitely.

I still don't have an answer to the last question I asked here, but according to the proportioning valve, you got to bleed both passenger brakes, front and back.

I've got the inclination to build one for my GST. This thread is great information. I hope that anyone that's done it since this post or before would post up more pictures. I will post my progress when it begins.

Let's keep this going!

I've got the inclination to build one for my GST. This thread is great information. I hope that anyone that's done it since this post or before would post up more pictures. I will post my progress when it begins.

Let's keep this going!
Here's the complete install in my build thread. Staging Brake Install

If you haven't noticed, CNC went out of business and their staging brakes are no longer being manufactured so you'll have to find a different hand brake or wait for a used CNC to show up for sale.

I am doing one on my car right now. My situation is a little specific since I made my own hardlines for the whole car but I ran them the same way I believe the 2g’s come from the factory. Rear right and front left to one side and rear left front rightto the other. My car is also a bit different on the mounting inside the car because my floor pans have been cut out and squared off to allow my seat to sit lower for more head room with my cage, but it may also work for someone else so I will make a suggestion there.

I used this handbrake:
https://www.chasebays.com/collections/universal-chase-bays/products/chase-bays-hydro-handbrake

I did not like the location many people mount the lever assembly because it hit my leg. I used this one instead which allowed me to have the lever stick up in the same location as everyone else, but the mounting assembly and brake cylinder went under the seat facing the back of the car instead. I will try to get some pictures this week to upload.

As for the product itself I really haven’t decided how I like it. I think it has a little too much slop in the lever and that it could have been designed a little better geometrically, but it will work with an extra 20 dollar trip to the hardware store. I plan to add a brake switch and use mine for rolling anti lag.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back