The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installed SS clutch line and New slave, Clutch still to the floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
As the title states Ive been doing some maintenance while installing my new clutch after my ACT clutch failure. One of the things on my list was the slave cylinder. So I got a new slave from advanced then I purchased an ss clutch line from extreme PSI. After bleeding the system a couple times it seems all the air is out of the system but the pedal will not return all the way back. This is weird to me because it did not do this before. my clutch disk failed, so I would think it would be weird that at the exact same time my master cylinder would fail. Do you guys think I should just keep bleeding it more? or what?

You might have to bleed it by hand. Use your hand to push the slave rod in and out with your hand. Are you stating that your clutch pedal is still on the ground or it isn't all the way up how you had it? I had my fair share of clutch problems. Hopefully I can help you!

Edit: You might have to check if your master is pushing full fluid needed to operate your slave. The usual jack transmission video. RRE also has a write up on how the master fail. My white plastic tab broke causing my clutch pedal to stay on the ground.

2G "Ghost Pedal"

On very light foot pressure on a 2Gthe pedal drops to the floor all by it's self. ?? Yes. The little rubber seal in the pic above gets a little nick in it or a piece of dirt under it. On a regular pedal push, the seal seals fine and the clutch works normally. On a very light push, the seal does not seal well and fluid will bypass it. Since the 2Gs have a heavy assist spring, the additional assist is enough pressure to keep the pedal going towards the floor all alone. Quite disturbing to watch. Replacing or rebuilding the master cylinder will fix this.

A close up pic of the troublesome valve inside the master cylinder:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclipsetech/clutch/2g-clutcumastercyl-guts.jpg

yea Ill look at that it just seems weird that the master would be bad. The pedal is not "falling" to the ground its just not returning all the way up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back