The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Installed new t3/t4 57 trim, 680cc, and Spearco FMIC. ITS SLOWER

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED&BlackGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2004
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Ok, I just installed a t3/t4 57 trim, .63 hotside, stage 3 wheel. 680cc injectors, blow through setup with a 3 inch maf sensor. Spearco FMIC, the one RRE sells on there website for $550, flows 1080CFM

I have a 255hp Walbro fuel pump, 3 inch exhaust, 8.5-1 compression, 2g o2 housing, ported cylinder head. blah blah.

neways, the car feels much slower after I installed these parts. I checked my datalogs, the high, fuel trim is 81 percent, the mid is 81 percent, but the low is 100 percent. my TPS at idle is 12%, which to me is a lil off. Somebody was telling me that I may have huge post MAF sensor boost leak. The car is running rich because my plugs were black. This thing feels slower than the 14b that was on it. It seems like I have alot more lag than with the 14b.

Anybody have any suggestions, If you need more info, just lemme know

tune, tune, tune did i mention tuning? you cant bolt all that shit on and expect it to just run. it takes a while to get it all dialed in, especially when you went as big as you did on the upgrade. do a boost leak check, get a logger and go tune it. i noticed on the 57 trim that it didnt like pump too much but it SCREAMED at 24 psi with some 110 in it:)

Thanks, I deffinately need to tune it, I don't doubt that at all, but you would think it would feel alot faster with all that on there, even out of tune. I think boost leaks, if I have any are majority of the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back