The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Injectors not firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeninja20

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2010
Norton, Massachusetts
I checked to make sure the injectors were getting power, they are. I checked it with a light tester, but only one lead of the plug is getting power, even when cranking.

My fuel pressure is good, I have a fuel pressure regulator and it reads 43 psi. I double checked to make sure there is fuel in the line and there is.

I have a 6 bolt swap and I have a check engine light for the crank sensor. Would this stop my injectors from firing? I wired the cam sensor to the crank sensor like you are suppose to. My plugs are bone dry and I tried to crank it with my spark plugs out and i cannot smell or see any fuel.

What affects your injectors firing?

so you think that i should double check to make sure that the CAS wiring is right? Should i not have that check engine code with a 6 bolt swap?

I would definitely recheck the sensor, but I don't know about the CEL with a swap. But if the crank sensor isn't working that would be exactly why your injectors are not firing.

Have you checked for spark? If you're not getting spark either then that's a big sign that your CEL is correct.

No spark LOL.

As soon as you said the crank sensor would cause that I was like crap. The thing with a 6 bolt swap is that you don't have a crank sensor but you are suppose to wire it to confuse the ECU into thinking you do. The cam sensor reads both the crank signal and the cam signal.

Thanks though, I am going to go check it out now.

No luck. I checked the wiring 10 times and it looks good. There was one spot that was a little messy, so I cut it and redid it. Now the crank sensor check engine light is pending. I took out the cam sensor and spun it while it was plugged in and the key was on, I didn't hear anything happening (The injectors opening). I tried another one i had and i still couldn't hear the injectors.

Would a bad CAS cause a crank sensor check engine light on a 6-bolt swap? Need help from someone who knows a lot about 6-bolt swaps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back