The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G injectors not firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxhondahater

Probationary Member
Apr 7, 2008
New Springfield, Ohio
Never thought I would be posting here! but I am at my wits end!

Ok, basically what the title states, my injectors are not firing. I am getting a constant 12v to the positive side of the injector clip, but when i hook up a noid light it is not grounding the left side to fire the injector.

The wierd thing is that when I just recently finished putting my car back together it started and ran good for at least 10 min. The cam timing is definitely spot on and I am definitely getting spark. The fuel pump runs while cranking and the ECU is definitely working (engine light comes on for a few seconds then turns off). I also did the trouble code check with the good ol' buzzer and there are no trouble codes. I have 2 ECU's. The stock one that ran the car before I tore it apart and the "new" one that has been socketed for DSMChip. Both ECU's ran the car after everything was put back together. I started it with the stock one to make sure that it would even fire before I tried the new ECU. I put in the "new" ECU, ran it for 10 minutes, and all of a sudden like I said, no more injector firing.

Neither of the ECU's are making a difference. I did not mess with any wiring, nor did I change any of the sensors when I did this build. I guess I am just looking for any insight on this issue. I have searched online for weeks and read as much info on similar problems. Seems like the most common answers I find are MPI relay, CAS sensor, burnt out injector driver, or a grounding issue somewhere.

I am very good with cars, however I lack in the art of electrical troubleshooting. So all in all, the problem is, car ran for its first start up after rebuild, car then stopped running after 10 minutes (at idle). I have compression, spark, fuel pressure, but the injectors aren't firing anymore.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks
DAN

Sounds like good ol CAS trouble. Your thinking the right direction. The sensor is a 2-in-1 it reads TDC as you probably know and also send pulse to the coils/injectors. Ive read some posts where the connector was corroded or the sensor shorted internally and only gave one of the above issues. Try swapping for a used one to see if it fixes it

Kolby

Thanks Kolby. I know the CAS sends the signal for firing the plugs.. Are the injectors being fired based off of the same signal wire that the plugs are from the CAS?

Thanks Kolby. I know the CAS sends the signal for firing the plugs.. Are the injectors being fired based off of the same signal wire that the plugs are from the CAS?

Correct it reads TDC from the crank and also CAM position. It has two seperate senors for firing injectors and coils. You can search and theres tons of pics showing how it functions.

Kolby

Why you have four leads coming from the CAS - Red and black=12v and respective ground. Then the other two wires are the signal wires from CAM and CRANK that the ECU senses to fire injectors and coil.

(Thx Steve for teaching me this...)

-DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back