The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Injector Tuning EcuFlash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanusky1990

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Easton, Pennsylvania
Hey guys,
Just installed a brand new set of FIC 1050's. I'm tuning with EcuFlash / Ceddymods / EvoScan. I followed the procedure on Ceddy's Site:

Injectors « ceddy.us

I currently have my injectors scaled to 1035 in EcuFlash. (Using DSM Scaling, not Evo Scaling). I set all my fuel cells including and above 100 load to 10.5 AFR. Now, when I go WOT, my AFR reads 10.0 (probably richer, but that's as low as it reads), then creeps up to 10.5-10.7 by redline @ ~20psi. This "creeping" is what is throwing me off...

I've been running a Evo 16g for over a year, with a wally 255 and tuning. I didn't have an AFPR, and the pump was stock wired. I never had an issue with overruning my stock FPR. It would do the same thing before, hold 10.5 steady, then creep to 11.0. I thought I was running out of injector (IDC above 90% @ ~17psi), hence the new ones.

I still have the same fuel map as before, and I think its just the injector scaling being off causing it to read 10.0's and then creeping to 10.5-10.7, instead of before it hitting 10.5 and creeping to 11.0.

So if if wasn't the injector size causing this, what is causing me to lose fuel throughout my pull???

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Without the rewire, it's quite possible your pump is running out of voltage to supply adequately. That may be your problem, but you'd have to log voltage with either a multimeter or a gauge at the pump during WOT pulls.

That definitely crossed my mind... so dumb question but, what should the voltage be across the fuel pump? I would assume it should be the same as battery voltage correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back