The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash injector latency/evoscan issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast-Orange

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2008
Saskatoon, SK_Canada
Well after 2 days of messing with it I cannot get it figured out. I'm having problems with my injector scaling, possibly not even using ecuflash with ceddy mods correctly. I will just start from the top. Ill start by opening ecuflash clicking the open tap and the only two files I ever see are the 20550011.xml and 20550011-mod-1v9cb-MAF.hex ceddy files that I added to my ecuflash eclipse folder. I believe I'm supposed to open the 20550011.xml file which I have been. Then I adjust my injector scaling to 750 and adjust my injector latency, I'm running fic 750cc injectors so I select all then add .330 to all then proceed to flash my ecu. When I start it my wideband always drops to 10, I've tried disconnecting the batt etc, I've even tried adjusting the latency from .300 up to .405 same deal every time it just goes pig rich and barely runs. I'm beginning to lose my mind over here and I'm not sure if its because I'm using ceddy mods incorrectly or for another reason.

I added a photo of all the files in my ecuflash folder.

Attachments

• evoscan.jpg
    evoscan.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 286
Ecuflash does not open XML files. Those are just definitions. If you did the ceddy mods right then when you load the rom you'll see the mods on the left sidebar. If not then you didn't set it up right. Try flashing the stock rom back and see how it behaves. Did your wideband work ok before? Any Cel lights?

The rom files are the .bin files correct? Wouldn't the 20550011.bin file second from the top be my rom file? The car ran before I set my safc2 back down to 0 and tried to flash it. Wideband worked and no cell's before the flash.

The rom files are the .bin files correct? Wouldn't the 20550011.bin file second from the top be my rom file? The car ran before I set my safc2 back down to 0 and tried to flash it. Wideband worked and no cell's before the flash.

Yes bin is probably stock, the .hex file should be the modified file. The XMLs should go in ecu flash/eclipse folder. I've heard of a few people having issues because they didn't properly uninstall the safc. Make sure there aren't any loose connections. Does it stay at 10 afr after it is warmed up?

Yea the .bin file is the one I downloaded from ceddys site, my stock file is saved in another folder. I cant let it warm up its running to way to rich. I still have the safc installed basically just for gages for now. What file am I supposed to open in ecuflash then the 20550011.bin file?

Well I opened the 2055011.bin file made my adjustments with injector scaling and latency. Went with .330 to start that didn't work have it up as high as .450 and cant get it to idle properly

RESOLVED! I completely removed the safc2, set my parameters to 750 and .330 flashed it fired it up and idles decent now.

Last edited:
Yea the .bin file is the one I downloaded from ceddys site, my stock file is saved in another folder. I cant let it warm up its running to way to rich. I still have the safc installed basically just for gages for now. What file am I supposed to open in ecuflash then the 20550011.bin file?

Well I opened the 2055011.bin file made my adjustments with injector scaling and latency. Went with .330 to start that didn't work have it up as high as .450 and cant get it to idle properly

RESOLVED! I completely removed the safc2, set my parameters to 750 and .330 flashed it fired it up and idles decent now.

Glad you got it worked out :thumb:
Now I could be wrong but usually the number you input for injector scaling is 15%-20% less than the actual size of the injectors. Make sure you scale it right or your map afrs probably won't match your actually afrs at all.

Yea I was reading up on that as well but it seemed that was a thing the evo guys were doing. Once I get my logger issues figured out ill be able to get them dialed in properly.

Glad you got it worked out :thumb:
Now I could be wrong but usually the number you input for injector scaling is 15%-20% less than the actual size of the injectors. Make sure you scale it right or your map afrs probably won't match your actually afrs at all.

This is not completely correct. The lower scaling values used in the Evo ROMs are a result of an incorrect scaling value, but at this point the Evo crowd is so used to it, that they won't change it. Ceddymods has the correct scaling values and you should use the injectors actual flow rate as your starting base, then log and adjust accordingly based on fuel trim feedback.

Some injectors like PTE are overrated (they test them at a higher base pressure) and those will need to be scaled down. Ceddy made a decent guide on his site that details how to dial in the injectors correctly. Also remember that with latencies, you're never going to get 0%, so don't nit-pick it.

Have fun tuning :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back