The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Inaugural Liberty Engines Import vs Domestic Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

20+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2002
Fremont, New_Hampshire
I am very excited and proud to announce that after a lot of behind the scenes work with myself and Joe Lombardo another racing date for us on the 2012 schedule!

The Inaugural Liberty Engines Import vs Domestic Shootout presented by RAD Machine. June 23, 2012 at New England Dragway!

More information will be coming out later in the week but I want to get the date and event out there ASAP and Joe gave me the green light to announce. There will be the following class's:

True Street - Radial only class
Super Street
Extreme Import
Outlaw ( Domestic )
Bracket

The Outlaw and Extreme will race each other. All class's are heads up with a Pro tree ( except bracket ). Racers will need to qualify for heads up class's and we will run a ladder during eliminations.

We had to keep the class count down, being the first event of this type. I did the best I could to make it fair and competitive for all racers. The class rules are similar to MIR. They do a good job and have been doing it for many years, so I did not stray to far from those rules. I will post the rules once NED tech signs off on them ( should be a day or two ). If you do not like the rules/format/class's please don't complain to the track or Joe, this is my baby. Wink

A lot of work went into this! I want to send a big thank you to Kait, who secured the title sponsors to help make this event happen! I would also like to thank Joe and New England Dragway for working with me to get this event on the schedule!

Tell your friends and feel free to post this anywhere! We want this to have a nice turnout and hopefully be an annual event. For everyone upset about losing track days, this is how you make a difference. Show up and support this!

Last edited:
Mike, this is going to be epic!

Only six hours away...might have to attend!

Any info on what the true street and Super Street class rules are? or a link to them?

Nate I have the class rules but am waiting on the head of tech at NED to approve them. This should be done by tomorrow. I can tell you they are very similar to MIR's event.

Intercooling: Air intercoolers only are permitted. Water injection is permitted. Methanol injection is permitted, but must be injected into the charge pipes before the throttle body.

Is this to be taken that a liquid/air spearco intercooler is not allowed in either True Street or Super Street?

Im assuming with True Street basically being a class for AWD DSM with 2900lb weight, drag radials, no nitrous, and big 68mm turbocharger....the "slowest" class is still bottom 10/high 9 capable. No racing for the small turbo 11-10 second cars....boo

Is this to be taken that a liquid/air spearco intercooler is not allowed in either True Street or Super Street?

I will clarify the rule in True / Super Street to allow air-to-liquid intercoolers.

Im assuming with True Street basically being a class for AWD DSM with 2900lb weight, drag radials, no nitrous, and big 68mm turbocharger....the "slowest" class is still bottom 10/high 9 capable. No racing for the small turbo 11-10 second cars....boo

I would have liked to have more class's but the track wanted to limit it being the first event. If it is a successful turnout this year, next year we could expand the class's. I can't imagine many low 10 second radial tire DSM's. I know it's been done but most guys going that quick are using a bias-ply tire. I could see a 10 second auto car doing well in this class! Bring it up. ;)

Less then one month away! Are you ready? This should have a great turnout. We already have a few 6 second cars lined up. Even if you are not racing, come out for this event!

Wish I could make it up there ! You guys in the area need to head on out there and show support. There are not many guys out there trying to keep our sport alive, so lets show the ones that are trying that we support our sport of drag racing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back