The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I'm coming to Laramie Wyoming this month

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've enrolled for April 4th 05 with night classes. Went out there a few weeks ago for the tour and liked the school, so now I'm in.

Dudeman said:
I've enrolled for April 4th 05 with night classes. Went out there a few weeks ago for the tour and liked the school, so now I'm in.

I pitty you, i have been here for 6 months and regret every second and penny of it. Wyotech is a joke and a half. the only thing you are paying the $30K for is the name.

P.S. I hope you aren't taking ASM

Corman12345 said:
I pitty you, i have been here for 6 months and regret every second and penny of it. Wyotech is a joke and a half. the only thing you are paying the $30K for is the name.

P.S. I hope you aren't taking ASM

~LOL!, ASM is my first class. Funny thing is I never heard anything but praises about the school until I was enrolled. :| ... Yeah and I am staying in school housing, but I am going to look into housing elsewhere when I get there.

Well I guess we'll meet up in less then a month, and I'll see if the horror stories are true.

~Tait

Dudeman said:
~LOL!, ASM is my first class. Funny thing is I never heard anything but praises about the school until I was enrolled. :| ... Yeah and I am staying in school housing, but I am going to look into housing elsewhere when I get there.

Well I guess we'll meet up in less then a month, and I'll see if the horror stories are true.

~Tait

I have to say that that the 3 months in asm is the longest 3 months i have spent doing anything in my life. Not to discourage you though,

Something they don't tell you is that recently, Wyotech was bought out by Corrinthian Colleges. When they switched over to the new company, a lot of the teachers and administration didn't like the new policys so they either quit or found better jobs. A majority of the good experienced teachers that you hear people talk about do not teach here anymore and more are leaving. (all of the teachers that worked on the Overhaulin car are gone) Even the president recently resigned. Every teacher i had in ASM has only been teaching there for a six months max. about half are new teachers in the core classes

I have personally witnessed wyotech slide downhill in just the 6 months i have been here because they just keep adding new gehy policies, rules, and inexperienced teachers. :thumbdown

Corman12345 said:
I have to say that that the 3 months in asm is the longest 3 months i have spent doing anything in my life. Not to discourage you though,

Something they don't tell you is that recently, Wyotech was bought out by Corrinthian Colleges. When they switched over to the new company, a lot of the teachers and administration didn't like the new policys so they either quit or found better jobs. A majority of the good experienced teachers that you hear people talk about do not teach here anymore and more are leaving. (all of the teachers that worked on the Overhaulin car are gone) Even the president recently resigned. Every teacher i had in ASM has only been teaching there for a six months max. about half are new teachers in the core classes

I have personally witnessed wyotech slide downhill in just the 6 months i have been here because they just keep adding new gehy policies, rules, and inexperienced teachers. :thumbdown

Thats just great seeing how I didn't go to any of the satellite campuses mainly because I figured they would have newer "inexperience" teachers, while the main campus in Larmaie would have all the teachers that have been there. So I'm basically going straight to what I thought I was avoiding. :|

Regardless I'm in it now, and I'll just make the best of it I can.

What classes have you taken/are in the middle of, besides ASM?

1st Class is ASM, then CollisionRefinishing, and finishing up with Trim/Upholstery.

I figured if I liked it there, The following year I would go into Chassis Fab/High Performance, Auto Tech and Street Rod & Custom Fab.

I guess I'll figure what to make of it when I get there. Thanks for the heads up though.

~Tait

You may have better luck with the teachers.
i am doing ASM, auto tech, chassis fab, and trim and upholstry

Hit me up when u get here. most people don't like imports around here because of all streetrod and hotrod stuff that goes on here. Not may dsms either but their are lots of v-8s to smoke.

Yeah, I'll get in touch when I make it out there.

Hopefully I'll have a turbo set up to go with my little 2.4 by then, and we can head to the drag strip in Cheyenne.

there isn't a strip in cheyenne it is an oval track, the closest one is in douglas. Its about 175 miles from laramie and at about 4800 ft. elev. which is a lot better than laramie's 7,200 ft.

I should be there friday. I won't be hard to miss, just follow the oil trail and then follow the burnt smell. :rolleyes: That is if the shitbox makes it that far.

My brother just graduated from Wyotec... we still have a lease on a 2 room apartment there.

If you need housing, we need someone to take over the lease. Its a decent apartment for the area. We repainted the interior.
Let me know if you want to check it out or something.

its ok? are the teachers good at there job? they arent a bunch of textbook jockies are they? ill be going to either wyotech or UTI and cant make up my mind yet, kinda leaning towards UTI after reading this thread....:ohdamn:

Hahaha its school. You get out of it what you put into it. Im in the Diesel course. The instructors know their shit. I graduate in a month so that's when I'll really be able to say if it was worth it or not. I looked into UTI and was actually going to go to the Phoenix campus for auto and light duty diesel. From what I've seen and herd, Wyotech has the best diesel program. But once again I cant really speak from experience. If I get a good job and was taught the skills I need to be a productive worker I'll be satisfied.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back