The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

I'm coming to Laramie Wyoming this month

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug99RS

DSM N/T Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Nov 10, 2002
Raleigh, North_Carolina
I'm scheduled to take a tour of Wyotech on the 16th of this month. I know it's a tuesday but I figured I'd through it out there in case anyone wants to grab some dinner and shoot the shiznit. I don't have a clue about the area and driving elsewhere may be a bit difficult but I'm up for suggestions. I'm taking that week off so Monday or Wednesday MIGHT be an option depending on the drive. I may or may not have a fellow DSMer with me. Won't know till later.
Let me know.
Doug

Hey I'm from NC too! :thumb: Anyway you should go to CSU, not wyo ;)

Originally posted by Doug99RS
LOL... jackass. It's not like they won't have a problem hiding from me. It's Wyoming for god's sake.
Ah, where there's a pretty girl behind every tree.
What are you doing? Trolling my threads??:laugh:
Stalking.

Attachments

• plains.jpg
    plains.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 400
I say you should go to UTI in Texas, It is a where Im going it is only a 2 year course. Check it out Im from CO

Brodie DSR

:dsm:

You're set on the school?? What are your goals after graduation and what progam are you looking at?? I might have a 'better' less expensive alternative depending on what you're looking to do... PM me if you want some more info...

i live in cheyenne, i could prolly stroll down there one night. yeah there is nothing in wyoming save really high winds and variable weather. it was 60 degrees on tuesday, snowing on wednesday. laramie is even high elevation at like 7k. however there is mountains to shield it from the wind unlike cheyenne. wyoming is a desert, peeps dont realize this. anyways, im trying to get some ideas for my car, wouldnt mind grabbing some dinna and talkin....theres nothing else to do here save go to Ft. COllins <CSU>. they haev a chipotle there :thumb:

tranced0ne,

ill just check here for replies or pm me.

I'm set on the school until I see it. Then I'll be locked in or open to more suggestions. Regardless... I'll be there by Sunday night or Monday morning. Those interested in meeting up Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday at ANY time can talk with Roast Beef or boozeted. They've got my number and will know how to reach me.

This will probably be my last response as I'm cleaning the dizzum then hanging out tonight. I'll leave in the a/m bright and early so more responses may not happen. Wish me luck. So far I'm at 100% for making it to my final destinations in the DSM. Hopefully the 4400 mile out and back won't do her in.
Doug

Interested. How did the trip go and what did you think of the School?

Chris

I wish I had more money. I was able to get out there and back in 5 days with no problems. With one check engine light for mulitple cylinder mis-fire (Crower cams)when I was at the gas station I didn't have ANY problems. Except this damn light kept coming on that looks like a gas station pump.... :confused:

I spent two nights in the motel room there and slept in the car the rest of the nights. It was a really good trip though. I got to see the mountains of NC and Tennessee, the arch in St. Louis, quite a few nice cities, and lots of great scenery. I didn't see alot of DSM's though. I didn't get any local guys to meet up with me while I was out there and really didn't see any on the road. Come to think of it... I didn't see any rice either.

The school is going to work out for me I think. I've talked with one or two people who have been that weren't too thrilled with it but I'm hoping my work experience will help make things a little better for me. The school at first looked like Crap. I got out there and saw these beat up buildings that looked like a bunch of independent garages and certainly not one of "the best schools in the country". But I took the tour Monday and things really turned around. I got to see alot of the equipment, shops, classrooms, and cars they work on there.

I'm going to have no social life though. I haven't dealt with snow since I was in elementary school and have NO true winter clothes. It will be VERY different from here in the south. Time will tell.
Doug

Great, thanks for the info Doug. Sounds like a boring place to live but that would be good for studying. Doesn't sound to appealing as far as the buildings are concened either. But, the shops sound like they have the new-age equipment and what not. Anyways, if you go you can always roll down and hang with us Denver/Westminster area DSM'ers that are getting things going.

Later, Chris

I'll have to figure something out for net access. I'll be losing my AOL accounts I think and cable is included in the housing costs but I don't know if they have cable internet too. Who knows.

Honestly I think I'll be too busy working a part time job to have a social life. This go around it's all me and the parents won't be paying for college or anything. I'll find SOMETHING to do in my spare time.
Doug

I might be going to UW for their pharmacy program :D But we'll just have to see. Currently I'm at CSU (you really should go here LOL). One more thing Doug.....that is one long ass monther-f-ing drive from where you are. :talon:

Sweet! I noticed quite a few DSM's in the parking lot at Wyotech. 1g's, 2g's and 3Kgts. So we might be able to get some DSM love out there. I know it's a really long drive. It was about 3500 miles and cost me about $450. That was sleeping in the car two nights too.

I'm pretty set on the school. I took the tour and really think that I need this stuff. While I am already employed at a dealership and am doing really well... I don't think I know the things I really need to know to stay there. I've toured Wyotech and think it's right for me at this point in time.
Doug

I'm headed there this fall if theres dsms theres a way it only takes a few of us to get somethin started and i live in ft collins(40min south)so I know my way around here so i could show you around ft collins. Collins actually doesn't have too bad of scene.but Pm me if you got any questions or somethin

when r u starting? i am starting on jan 3rd, 05. i am getting ready to buy a 93 talon tsi awd auto, but will swap it to 5spd. if u r going whe i am then we might be able to be roommates. if not then if u come while i am there then we could hang out.

my aim is focusthis00

I'm not coming anymore. As it sits I'm scheduled for the Pa campus in march or april. But the school hasn't sent me ANYTHING about financial aid and I will probably un-enroll here very shortly since I can't finance this all on my own.
Doug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back