The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A I replaced my air idle sensor , but now my car idles around 2k rpm when I drive it

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapoberg

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2021
San jose, California
I changed the idle air sensor on my 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS but when I started the car, it would idle around 2k rpm, I’ve disconnected the battery and waited around 10 mins and tried it again but it’s still the same problem, I’ve tested the sensor by just connecting it and turning the on ( not starting it ) and the sensor seems to work fine , now I’m all confused and I’m not sure of what the problem is

Possible air leak on air intake hoses (eg. clamps not tight)?
No sir, everything feels tight , I feel like I might be missing one clamp here on the right side

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You mean the IAC Valve? You need to adjust it when you replace it. Try unscrewing the tip a turn or two (counterclockwise). Unscrew the tip and the car idles down, screw it in more and it idles up.
Okayyy okayyy I see , yea that actually idled it down , it doesn’t idle at 2k rpm no more , it idles normal but when I step on the accelerator and let go , the car doesn’t start to slow down, sometimes it just keeps accelerating even tho my foot isn’t on the pedal

when I step on the accelerator and let go , the car doesn’t start to slow down, sometimes it just keeps accelerating even tho my foot isn’t on the pedal
Your throttle plate might not be closing all the way. Disconnect the intake hose and take a look.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back