The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

HX35 flow versus HX40 flow

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
I just received my HX35 today and my BEP .70 T3 housing. It got me to thinking but does anyone know what the flow rate would be with this combo compared to an HX40 with a .55 bolt-on housing? I've heard of people running 500 horsepower on the bolt-on housing with the HX35, but wondering how much it helps with the T3 housing. Just trying to level the playing field when compared to an HX40, but hopefully have faster spool.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

HX40 has a larger compressor and turbine, so it's obviously going to flow more air no matter what the turbine housing a/r is.

Some of you guys are forgetting that a HX35 rotating assembly is literally the same physical size as a 50-trim Garrett....only so much air can flow through wheels that small. All of the guys breaking into the 10's with HX35's must be fogging your perception. LOL

Well, I figure that if the dsm housing is a restriction, the T3 housing would help/allow it to flow more. That's all.

If you're talking about two turbos with identical turbine wheel specs, this is true- but as soon as you swap to a larger turbine this goes completely out the window. The HX40 turbine in a .55 housing will likely outflow a HX35 turbine in a .70 housing because the wheel itself is so much larger.

Example- a 10cm T3 turbine housing with a TD05H turbine will not outflow a 7cm DSM bolt-on turbine housing with a TD06H turbine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back