The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

HPDE3 Watkins Glen 10/1/10

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cioc

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 2, 2006
Sparta, New_Jersey
So after a rough year I decided to take the car back to the Glen. Last year I had a SMIM weld failure so with the replacement I was anxious to get back on track. One day a year is clearly not enough seat time. Anyway the track was extremely cold after a day of rain the day before. The temps were cool all day so the car was loving it however some electrical problems ended my day. The lineup of cars in the group was pretty impressive. Here are the highlights...followed by the day ending lowlight.

YouTube - Watkins Glen Kills 2010.wmv

Nice run. I was supposed to run at carolina motorsports park this year but the car was not finished. Cant wait till I get it on the track. I hopefully will hit up road atlanta in november.

Nice video! I particularly like you chasing down the Porsche… the Daytona’s sounded great also. Nice driving and way to represent the DSM cause. :thumb:

Looks like a good time I'd like to get a chance to go to the glen next year. Are u still in sparta, I'm about an hour from there and grew up in Vernon

Was that a Silver EVO VIII/IX at around 3:07? And damn, you passing people like they are out for a sunday drive... Nice work. That Porsche was the only I saw that made you work for it. So what happened there at the end?

The lineup of cars in the group was pretty impressive.

And your skills in dispatching said cars is a delight.

Always fun to ride along with you sir.

Hot damn, was everyone else out there tooling around or what. Very nice driving looks like the car is running strong and is well setup.

Last edited:
@cs82685, yeah I'm still in Sparta.

@Tanro, yes that was an MR that had some heavier springs and some mild engine work. Sad to say my friggen battery died. It had a loose terminal and I lost electrical and had to pull off track and wait till the session ended.

@338vr4, I'm not sure what the story was with everyone else out there. It was a cold day so maybe people were babying it but I drive hard no matter what. The Porsche was fun and I was tossing it around with a Z06 but my camera flaked out on me.

Aside from the electrical problems I also cracked my o2 housing which ended my day. It was a great day though as I didn't get passed at all. I was going to take an instructor out with me on the last run to hopefully get signed off into HPDE 4 but that's when I saw the cracked o2. Next year! :thumb:

I was poking around on youtube and found some in car footage of the blue daytona that same day...

YouTube - 10 01 10 PDA Watkins Glen Open Track HPDE Session 2

Awesome stuff........bummer about the problem.....nice run with the 911.....everyone else looked to be in slo-mo almost. I also run HPDE 3, however not in my 1G, when I can kick the drag racing habit, I will get to some track days with the car. Suspension is all done, it's a matter of changing around some things.

Nice vid and keep em coming:thumb:

i love how the first vid started with you dominating a mustang
just made my night

great vids, you drove so well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back