The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to tell a turbo from a non-turbo 4g63 block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingjust

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2006
Orlando, Florida
Got a good deal on a six bolt! Unsure if it was from a turbo or not, but I got some eagle rods, arp studs, and a bsek along with it for 700. Almost a long block just missing some pistons. But how can I tell on the block that is was from a turbo? Thanks!

KJ

Since its already disassembled the quickest way would probally be to check for the oil squirters. Pull off the oil pan and look up from the bottom for little tubes that would spray oil at the backsides of the pistons.

Purevil said:
Since its already disassembled the quickest way would probally be to check for the oil squirters. Pull off the oil pan and look up from the bottom for little tubes that would spray oil at the backsides of the pistons.

That's great, since it doesn't have the crank nor pistons and rods, i saw the squirters. That's all I needed to know!

Thanks,

KJ

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back