The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How to download MS base maps????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reborn750

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2010
Brookings, South_Dakota
Ive been working on my megasquirt for quite some time now and i feel that the best starting point for me is to download a turbo base map similiar to mine and go from there. forged, crower stage 2 cams, e-85, 1200cc injectors, 10lbs of boost. I have found the symtech base maps but cannot figure out how to download the tune to my tunerstudio. I have downloaded the file and saved it under tunerstudio projects. Then i select open tune and select the symtech tune and a get a few error messages and then all the values are default and not even somebody else's tune!!!! What am i doing wrong? my symtech ms2 unit is only a couple months old, it shouldnt be too old of a version. If anybody can guide me through doing this correctly or give me a how to guide for dummies that would be great. Thank you

I may have figured it out finally, i downloaded this tune:

Tjabo - 1996 Dodge Neon 420A
Injector Size: 750cc/min Processor: MS2
Fuel Pressure: 58psi Firmware: MS2/Extra 2.1.0
Temp. Sensors: Std. GM Board: v3.0
Oxygen Sensor: AEM WB MAP: 255kPa
Spark Control: Yes Notes: This is a good MSQ for the new 2.1.0 Release version that came out on 6-27-09. It uses the stock stepper motor IAC very well, but it errs on the high side for idle flare, idle speed, and taper to idle, since the 18 cams with the stock compression 2.0 make for a bit of a temperamental motor. Overall, this is running GREAT!
Aspiration: Turbocharged
Engine: 2.0L DOHC

It may have worked because it is the same version as mine????

If i set my constants to my motor specs do you think i will be at a good starting point?

Also i am trying to determine if i have low impedance or high impedance injectors? I just ordered 1200cc 420a injectors and installed them, and now i need to know which they are. any way of telling? are all 420a injectors one or the other?

Well I was going to give someone else the opportunity to answer this but I shall give it a go. You really need to understand what you are doing if YOU installed the MSnS. When you do the install you should get an idea of what does what and it seems you haven't really grasped that yet, no worries though thats what the Megamanual is for :thumb:. Once you read throught it a little bit and understand where the menus are in Tunerstudio/Megatune it will click. Its actually pretty straight forward, You type in what size your motor is, how many injectors, what size they are, target afr, etc. The only thing that I use off of these basemaps are the VE tables, Spark tables, and cold start values, just to get you in the ball park. Then you can tweak it from there for your set up. Every set up is different, its not as easy and download this and drive the hell out of it. When I get home from work I have a MSQ(although its MS1 v2.2 you can still use my values, just have to manualy plug them in) that I used for my car(1000cc injectors, E85, boost). I didn't get to drive on the map but its what the tuner and I used for the dyno(when we where tuning)). Hopefully when my laptop was stolen they didn't erase it, to be honest I can't remember. As far as what your injectors are High Z or Low Z, its as easy as using an Ohm meter or a DVOM, set the meter to the right setting(usually 20) and unplug the injector and stick the positive and negative lead on the two pins on the injector. Once you do that get back to us and let us know what the reading was.(more than likely you have Low Z injectors)

I have already tried to help this guy out on 2GNT - he seems to want a plug n play answer as he is not taking my suggestions regarding the MSExtra manual links I gave him.

Why do you not look up the injector part number of the injectors and reference the manufacturer's catalog? It takes more time to change your oil than finding out your injector specs.

Additionally he is trying to achieve idle control but from what he described he never ordered IAC stepper control when he purchased his unit.

I have already tried to help this guy out on 2GNT - he seems to want a plug n play answer as he is not taking my suggestions regarding the MSExtra manual links I gave him.

Why do you not look up the injector part number of the injectors and reference the manufacturer's catalog? It takes more time to change your oil than finding out your injector specs.

Additionally he is trying to achieve idle control but from what he described he never ordered IAC stepper control when he purchased his unit.

You have taken alot of your time on 2GNT to try and help me in your way but thats why i am looking for help here now because all i ever get is READ MSEXTRA......

I have been reading MSEXTRA and the MegaManual til my eyes bleed and have a good understanding especially of the constants but am not sure how to modify any of the tables and such. Like SLo2gen suggested i am only looking for the base maps to get a VE table, spark, etc. that is modified for boost. As for constants and such i have that down to a T, and have done and experimented with all of it. I would not be asking on BOTH forums what z injectors i have if i still had the part numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try saving all paperwork i get for situations like this but sharing a garage means losing lots of stuff whenever somebody decides to clean/organize. I no longer have the order number, email with order verification, or papers with my order or I WOULD NOT BE ASKING!!! Thank you very much Slo2Gen for giving me information on how to check myself, thats exactly the kind of information i was looking for. When I ordered my MS2 from symtech i was fully aware that it was not plug and play but i assumed it had everything i needed. I was led to believe by CODE4 that i needed the IAC, after his replys that more or less made me feel stupid for not knowing i needed it. I purchased from megasquirt that option today and will be sending my unit back for modification... but now i see form Slo2gen's other reply that i could use a manual adjuster after all :banghead: Thank you SLo2gen you have been more helpful and patient in one post than i have gotten altogether. And i would be interested in your msq. file if you end up having it. Thank you for everything and no offense to anyone at all. Everyone tried to help, some are just more patient and answer my questions that i could not find on MSextra

just got in from checking my injectors. They are low z injectors, right around 2.5 ohms

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back