The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

How much Talon time is too much?

How much time do you spend with your car a week?

• 1-7hrs/week

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 7-14hrs/week

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 14-21 hrs/week

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 21-28 hrs/week

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 28+hrs/week

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGMIXX

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The wife and I recently were discussing how much time I am investing on my talon projects.(91 teardown, 92 COMPLETE restore) Now with the weather getting nice out, I'll admit I have been wrenching a bit more lately. The wife has concerns about the time I am putting into this. Now I'll admit since I acquired the 91 I have had the itch a bit more. I just have a need for speed, don't we all? Gotta know am I with the flow or performing a no-no? Just curious, how much talon time do you spend on average? Cleaning, building, maintenance, whatever! Am I outta hand? (Would be nice to see as a poll! 1-7, 7-14,14-21,21-28,28+ hrs/week =) )

If it interferes with higher priorities it's too much.

"Too much" is different for each of us.

Me personally, Im not married and no girlfriend but I spend as much time is necessary. It all depends on the DSM I think. For example, I Havent spent much time on my spyder simply because its running. (one of those if its not broke dont fix it deals) As for my GSX though, Im pretty much broke. But if I have the money/parts the DSM is the only thing that interests me really, Im working on it until its fixed or Im out of money again ;)

i work at a garage so i get to put alot of time into mine when we are not busy (which is alot lately) i dont there there is a way to spend to much time on it the time u spend shows in the end result

I used to spend a lot of time in the garage wenching away at the talon but lately, it's been very, very scarce. We've have cold crappy weather for the last 6 7 months and im sick of working on it in freezing weather so I'll probably wait till summer. FYI this is usually all during the week after work or on sunday's so it doesn't affect me and my gf at all. (Usually) :D

I think it's relative to how annoying your significant other is.

I put 21 to 28, sometimes its more though. My wife dedicates almost as much time as me on it since she wants her own DSM and is always willing to learn.

7 hours a week. After having a few you can kinda plan out each day what you're going to do. or guesstimate how long it will take you to do something. I usually spend 1 hour a day after work and get one-two things installed...

After having my car for 7 years now, how much time do I spend working on it? Pretty much none...

How much time do I spend driving it? I drive it more than my daily :)

nothing wrong with a couple hours each day I'd say, unless you have more important things to do. You gotta make time for the talon or it will become a beater. I should spend more time on mine but lack of funds and lack of garage, are an obstacle.

thanks for all the replies ... I feel like I'm being considerate of all responsibilities. Sooo keep on wrenching! thanks guys! (wish i could figure out how to post some pics, see where my time is going!) be there someday!

If you love the girl, never put her after a piece of metal. That's all you have to do. Most girls are cool as long as you spend time with her. All of my girlfriends have always been decent about it; even though I was way out-of-line with the car. My current one, though, takes all priority over the car. She lets me have my cake and eat it, too. I prefer the coming home to a loving, attractive women than a car. Lol!

I won't ever make the mistake of DSM > women again. Although I am glad I did or else I might not have met this one. :) I hope that wasn't too g@y.

If you love the girl, never put her after a piece of metal. That's all you have to do. Most girls are cool as long as you spend time with her. All of my girlfriends have always been decent about it; even though I was way out-of-line with the car. My current one, though, takes all priority over the car. She lets me have my cake and eat it, too. I prefer the coming home to a loving, attractive women than a car. Lol!

I won't ever make the mistake of DSM > women again. Although I am glad I did or else I might not have met this one. :) I hope that wasn't too g@y.

not g@y. dsm less than or equal to woman

Depends on what needs done. I was at one point putting in 2-4 hours every day on that car, but now it's become a sort of hurry up and wait deal, trying to allow time for other things, especially now that the weather has become more favorable. I am, however, still doing a ton of research all the time, trying to peg where I'll blow my next large sum of cash.

The only complaint I get, even when I do spend a tad too much time with the car, is that "the pile doesn't even run, why are you working on it/wasting your time/whatever?" To which I sarcastically start it up on the first try to prove that it does, indeed, "run". Just doesn't like the moving part!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back