The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How much HP can my stock RS engine handle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling a turbo kit for the 420A, its the star stage 2, comes w/ Type-s BOV, A-pillar, boost gauge, volt, for 2550.00shipped anywhere in the U.S anyone interested e-mail me back at [email protected]

thanks

I cant beleive i just read this entire peice of shit thread. The only amount of advice i can give.....If you dont kno jack shit about cars and engines and only want to turbo your car to get that cool blow off valve sound or you dont kno how to decide on what kind of muffler to get for your car, then please dont bother at all to ####in hook up a car's motor. I bet most of you NT guys (no offence since i'm turbo) dont kno that a catback and intake will net u about 8hp. Wow thats a lot for more then 500dollars. The best advice is either to not spend all that money on the NT or get a GST GSX. You wanna kno why. I can get a boost controller for 50 bucks and add over 25hp with my completely stock motor. Can u do that?

Originally posted by Black95TSIawd
I cant beleive i just read this entire peice of shit thread. The only amount of advice i can give.....If you dont kno jack shit about cars and engines and only want to turbo your car to get that cool blow off valve sound or you dont kno how to decide on what kind of muffler to get for your car, then please dont bother at all to ####in hook up a car's motor. I bet most of you NT guys (no offence since i'm turbo) dont kno that a catback and intake will net u about 8hp. Wow thats a lot for more then 500dollars. The best advice is either to not spend all that money on the NT or get a GST GSX. You wanna kno why. I can get a boost controller for 50 bucks and add over 25hp with my completely stock motor. Can u do that?

Errr no....

Thats if you go and buy the most expensive peice you can find...cai should be 115 from ractive and for exhaust..gut the cat and get the gst exhaust and tada...less than 160 dollars

And for the good ol argument ...sell gs buy gsx.....compare the price diference between a gs and a gsx...its not that easy...heck i would do it if they were exactly the same price

Bluebook avg for gs 95 is arround 5k (6k for 97 model year) dollars, gsx is closer to 7k (8k for 97 model year) dollars...2 thousand dollar diference ....and then start planing for the engine swap to avoid the crankwalk....reason i say 95 model year is because thats the best year to buy a gsx for the ECU if you doing DSM link

As easy as this...want ultimate AWD? GSX is the only answer.....

Im actualy thinking of selling my GS...buying GSX......since i did the rebuild of engine the GS is running awesome...but i think traction might be a problem =(

Yes very tru that GST/GSX is more expensive then an NT. But i read countlessly of people posting about upgrading internals bla bla so they can turbo their car the right way. The 4g63 can hold around 400whp bone stock internals. And that is a figure that not even most GST/GSX guys do let alone an NT with a turbo. There are a lot of NT guys with built engines and big turbo's and i give the ut most respect and props for being able to build an orignal NT DSM to that level. But a lof of whiny NT owners that dont sound like they are too familiar with turboing a naturaly aspirated motor. For all you guys...i say save a lil more and sell your car and get a car already turboed. Will make life a lot easier on you.

do not listen to those who say sell your car... why?

if you want some serious hp out of your car...
bore it 20 to 40 over
je 10:1 pistons
eagle rods there is a guy in flordia thats sells these rods and piston, rings for $820
take your head have it ported,polished,and vaulves done
get bigger cams
bore out your throttle body

there is a place in cali called good performance they are in Lake Elsinor(SP)
they offer a complete head package
valuve job, port and polish, both cams, and 3mm taken out of your throttle body

run a 100 shot of NOZ

Hey FatGuy, got some dyno numbers to back up those claims? Nope, I bet not. without the spray, do you realize you spent around 2300 bucks and now have almost the max amount you can get NA, and you still have not touched a GST/X stock power level? I am not dissin a 420A, check my sig. I am just telling you, you will not make the amount of power you think out of there with engine mods. 20 to 40 over, no real gain there bro, sorry. For every compression point raised, guess the amount of added power? Search the web, not near as much as you think. Port and polish the heads and add cams? Yeah, thats not needed. Do you have any idea the flow specs on a stock head and cams of a 420A? Do you know the worlds fastest neon with a 420A is using stock heads and cams? A bigger T body will not do a damn thing for you on a dyno or a track except move your tq curve higher in the RPM range because you effectively slowed the velocity of the air charge entering the engine. Don't spout misinformation like it is bible when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Thats where some people go and buy things and get no gains and get pissed off. They see you post something like this and thinks its bible cause they are new and it ruins the whole experiance of car cusomizing for them. PLEASE research some before you spout of things like they are fact again.

I will soon.. I will post them after I am done with everything....

so since you are so highly intecllectual on moding out a 420A... what would be your suggestion for getting more hp out of this motor... besides buy a turbo and sell my car...I don not want a turbo, I want all motor.. I think you can see how good of a mechanic you are this way instead of just bolt it on,....

I have only spent around 1250 you just have to know the right people....

but thanks ...

:thumb:

Brother I know all the right people. I have a built motor in my ESI, I built it myself along with quite a few other engines in the past 10 years. You are not going to make any reasonable amount of power without forced induction, its a 4cyl, sorry. Sure it will be quick as balls on the spray but your not going to be in the bottle all the time. when your off, its going to seem like you wasted your money. With forced induction, its there every time you push the gas and it doesn't cost you $3 a pound. All motor is pretty much a waste in a 2gnt. They are pig heavy so the lack of Tq of a small displacement engine is painfully obvious every time you hit the gas. The reason Honda Hatch's and CRX's are so damn fast with a B16 or B18 swap is they weigh nothing. A 2100 lbs car with 190 whp will move on down the rd pretty quick, throw another 800 lbs in there and it slows it up a lot.

hey man.. I was not nocking you at all about the motor thing or about building enginges or anything just want to see what I can get out of it without forced induction but I understand completely.... sorry was not trying to tread on you at all....
:thumb:

There is a company that is doing the turbo kits they claim that the 420a really likes boost. The fact is they like the 420a because it's different, and No crankwalk hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Leave us N/T guys alone to our own devices.

OK WOW…There are some real stupid people here. Let me clear a few things up. First off, forged internals do nothing but make your 420a TAKE the power thrown at it. Second .020 over, we all no that’s nothing, all you do that for is to make sure your cylinder walls are nice and fresh when rebuilding. Its does nothing for power, and yes those pistons will TAKE power, but on the dyno it will do nothing, your actually running a tad bit lower compression with those pistons. Ok now to bag on you turbo people...Yes, we N/A people are not Honda’s we don’t run 12’s all motor or even close…But we can make good power out of our N/A motors. I should no, I beat GST/GSX all the time. And im a GS N/A. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE turbo, there no question turbo is probably the most logical for power per dollar, but some of us don’t want to go turbo, and want to laugh when we beat gst’s. check if im wrong on my estimates here
GST to the wheels has around 195 HP
GS to the wheels has around 125
Now let’s do my mod list

CHR Racing Stage 3 ported head, 3 angle valve job, ported Intake Manifold, and upgraded valve springs… Around 35 WHP
Crower Stage 2 Cams, around 15 WHP
Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears, around 7 WHP
Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley 5 WHP
Ice Man CAI Around 4 WHP
Apxi Exhaust 5 WHP
AC Header (From UK) Around 7 WHP (in use with ported head)
OBX Fuel Rail is 4 WHP
Milled Deck to raise Compression around 10 WHP
other mods that are not so much power, NGK VForce spark plugs, MSD ignition, Off-road-cat, Grounding system, rebuilt bottom end .020 over new pistons.

I hit Around 215 Hp To my wheels, BYBY GST!!! And yes, my next paycheck im dynoing it, I need the 50 bux first though

But Waite, I also have a sneaky Pete NOS system to hit 35 shot. That’s an extra 20-25 to my wheels. So Waite, now im at 240-250 to my wheels. Ok now, im killing a gst with mods. Hahahahahaha no crank walk or turbo lag...

You turbo guys need to read up and do a little math. Look and see for your self’s, your fu***** stupid. All eclipses are awesome…just whatever ur tastes are…

stupid people make me laugh so hard..

intake stock:-----ported:
.050" 52.8---------52.7 cfm
.100 93.4---------93.8
.150 120.8--------124.5
.200 143.6--------147.3
.250 164.7--------172.1
.300 181.9--------197.4
.350 194.8--------216.3
.400 204.1--------231.6
.450 211.2--------242.0
.500 215.2--------249.8
.550 218.7---------254.0

Exhaust stock ported
.050" 35.3 ------39.0
.100 58.1--------60.2
.150 91.9---------95.0
.200 120.9--------128.1
.250 137.1--------154.9
.300 145.5---------167.6
.350 151.1----------179.2
.400 150.8------------186.5
.450 same--------------189.1
.500 same--------------191.8

this is all stright from the flow bench

SO SHUT UP

i wonder why then most of the faster cars on here are turbo cars. Why do more people dump money into a turbo DSM and few into an N/T. Yes u can make an NT fast. Anyone can make any car fast with money. With a 50 dollar boost controller, a GST can make 200 to the wheels. Cheap intake is about 30 bucks, another 10hp. If u arent stupid u can get a 3in turbo back for like 300 bucks. That should make u around 220-230 to the wheels. And for how much, less then 400 bucks. Thats your entire head work, and it only have you 35whp. I dont want to argue with you of which is better or not. you want an NT then to each his own. I just think it would be a lil smarter for most to have a GST to go fast. The usual nt has an intake and exhaust. Intake and exhaust on a GST makes a lot more power then an NT.

your missing everything...LOL....gst's ARE awsome.. i LOVE them..its a dsm, with turbo..its awsome..but still, its funny when i cant beat them...i want these people who say i cant to prove me wrong....please????

LOL

wow if i could type that would help....LOL.."when i *CAN* beat them" LOL...my bad..im stupid

with all that money u spent building your nt you could have had a 2g turbo in the 12s, but now your stick on your little nt eago and not even in the 13s, what are you thinking , your retarded. if u want a fast nt buy a civic hatchback b18 or whatever, theyll smoke your dsm nt.

i spent 2300 bux, WOW!!!!...LOL...and all will work well with turbo, so when i do put turbo ill be hitting low 12's..thank you very much...LOL

low 12s on any fwd car is very very hard, i bet u never went for a ride in a fast turboed dsm because if u did u would have sold your naturally asspired car and bought a turboed car and saved a lot of money, because you obviously want to go fast, but hey if spending alot more on a nt car and not getting anywere is your thing, have fun,

uhhh, my best friend owns a gst, bigger turbo, IC, blowoff...sad part is, he cant beat me when im on the bottle. I get like half a car length behind him...i love turbo'd, but all moter can be funner....for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back