The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G how is this setup for 500whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Looking for some opinions on what my weak link might be trying to make up to 500-550WHP with what I have so far.

Engine- 99 7 bolt Manley platinum pistons and H beam rods, HKS 272 cams, full rebuild, evo 9 springs and retainers, ACT 2600, evo 3 intake manifold, 1g TB, VRSF short route FMIC

turbo setup- 7 blade hx40 in a open t3 .82 housing, tial MVR 44, archer fab t3 manifold, do 4” intake

Fuel- single rewired 255 with FIC 1650s high Z

tuning- DSMlink V3

Plan so far- get speed density

Last edited:
Looking for some opinions on what my weak link might be trying to make up to 500-550WHP with what I have so far.

Engine- 99 7 bolt Manley platinum pistons and H beam rods, HKS 272 cams, full rebuild, evo 9 springs and retainers, ACT 2600, evo 3 intake manifold, 1g TB, VRSF short route FMIC

turbo setup- 7 blade hx40 in a open t3 .82 housing, tial MVR 44, archer fab t3 manifold, do 4” intake

Fuel- single rewired 255 with FIC 1650s high Z

tuning- DSMlink V3

Plan so far- get speed density
pump gas? from the looks of it you should be damn close to that depending on boost level

Not sure what the EVO 9 springs can hold / do that's the only weak link I can see personally. The Evo 3 intake manifold is perfect for that set up IMO great mid - top end!

MAF is definitely a weak link, but you're already planning SD...next thing you should worry about is the drivetrain

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back