The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hot start issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n00btalon

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2005
lebanon, Pennsylvania
When my car is cool or sitting over night, it starts fine, once its running at operating temperature and i turn it off, it is difficult starting... if i leave it sit for 10 minutes or longer after being hot it acts up, turns offer will start but die, if i mess with the gas somtimes it will start but want to die and eventually will start, but if the car sits for an hr or so and cools down enough, it will start up fine. i've been reading at other posts and see possible ''coolant temp sensor"? could that be the issue? also no CEL either.

I had a similar problem. When the car was hot it would crank over for quite a long time. If I kept trying it would eventually start.I changed the starter now all is good.

I had a similar problem. When the car was hot it would crank over for quite a long time. If I kept trying it would eventually start.I changed the starter now all is good.

all the starter does is turn the motor over so it can then fire on its own. i don't see how that fixed your problem??

noobtalon
you coolant temp sensor could be bad and not throw a check engine light because if it stays within the parameters of lets say -40* threw 250* the ecu thinks this is ok, sometimes.

i would check out the coolant temp sensor.

all the starter does is turn the motor over so it can then fire on its own. i don't see how that fixed your problem??

noobtalon
you coolant temp sensor could be bad and not throw a check engine light because if it stays within the parameters of lets say -40* threw 250* the ecu thinks this is ok, sometimes.

awesome thanks, i hear there is 4 on a 1g? which one should i check and whats its location?

awesome thanks, i hear there is 4 on a 1g? which one should i check and whats its location?

is there any other possibilities i can check while i check the coolant temp sensor... anyone know the location?

noobtalon

i changed the coolant temp sensor (15 bucks?) and i dont believe it has fixed it. what are other causes? ailing fuel pump? injectors when hot? im confused.:banghead:

i changed the coolant temp sensor (15 bucks?) and i dont believe it has fixed it. what are other causes? ailing fuel pump? injectors when hot? im confused.:banghead:

definitely has not fixed it, if i let the car sit, 10-40 minutes after it is up to normal operational temp, it will not start it will fire but will die or have terrible idle and bog out if i hit the throttle, if i let it sit for an hour or more, it will start idle fine but a little low. no clue :-/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back