The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hot/Humid Weather = Lower Boost???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
Can anyone confirm if hot weather makes boost go down???

I ran at Pacific Raceways last night and it was 90'+, I'm sure the track surface was more like 120'+. It's the hottest weather my Talon has ever run in, and also the hottest weather I've ever driven a Turbo car in.

Strait off, I could feel that power was not as good as usual ....I did a run and my Talon was down about 3-4mph on the 1/4ml. I decided to log some runs, and saw that my boost pressure was down a little??? ....I normally run up to 19.4psi and I only saw 17.9psi in 4th ....other gears were even lower 1st/16psi, 2nd/17.4psi, 3rd/17.9psi. The lower boost in 1st gear dosent surprise me, but seeing lower boost in higher gears baffles me a little

.....I'm pretty sure I don't have any boost leaks, so I wonder about the hot humid weather and how it effects my car???

thx:thumb:

boost will most always fall in hotter weather....i dont mean you will go from 25psi to 16psi but it will drop just because the air is less dense

Good to know .....I feel much better now:)

I lost about 1.5psi, and 3-4mph in the traps ....it made me a little worried that something might be going bad, but the car was running smooth so I didnt know

Thanks Guys:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back