The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

hopefully a simple answer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC2RPM

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2009
Watertown, New_York
Can anyone tell me what the hanging red and green connector is used for in the middle left of the picture??? Also if you look carefully there are two red/white wires a little to the right of the connector, that are cut. Any ideas where they go to? --THANKS!!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here are the two red/white wires that are going nowhere.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

that isnt the clutch switch, its an all white plug, and only has two wires on it. That has to go to something right there close. Maybe into that little relay panel. Check around the panel, and for any other plugs. As for the two wires, it looks to me like someone tapped in some sort of aftermarket device. IE turbo timer, alarm system, AFC, etc etc.

that isnt the clutch switch, its an all white plug, and only has two wires on it. That has to go to something right there close. Maybe into that little relay panel. Check around the panel, and for any other plugs. As for the two wires, it looks to me like someone tapped in some sort of aftermarket device. IE turbo timer, alarm system, AFC, etc etc.

Sorry, I must have been confused when I read his post. I was speaking of the white plug with the ''grey'' tip on the wire side of it. It looks identical to the clutch safey switch ''connector''. I do not know what connector he is speaking of being there are wires all over the place in the picture.

The connector i'm looking at looks identical to my clutch switch ''connector'' on all my 2g cars, Although I could be wrong as there are so many wires under there. I would need to check one of the 2g's in the morning when I get to the garage and post back.

Hey thanks for the quick reply everyone! I have the clutch safety switch unhooked for the reason of reducing the chances of crankwalking. the clutch safety connector is directly in the middle at the top of the picture. But my question was what is the connector to the left? its kind of hard to tell, I apologize. Who ever owned it before me totally effed up all the wiring... I am not even getting 12V to the dimmer switch... and all my fuses are perfectly fine...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back