The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

General Hesitant lean condition under initial accel and transition from vac to boost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iliketurbos94

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2018
DORR, Michigan
Hey everyone, I've searched everywhere for hours on end and can't find a similar issue/fix to my problem.
So today I installed my new stm speed density intake, gm 3 inch maf, and maf translator. Got it setup and idling and cruising fine. 14.7 afr at idle and cruise. 12ish during initial vac/boost crossover and 10.9 under Wot. My only issue is under initial accel from a stop. The car bogs and runs lean (17-18 for a couple seconds)when first pushing the gas.
Also happens while cruising, if I let off during cruise and slowly step back on the pedal it hesitates, goes to 17-18 for a couple seconds then corrects itself. Also noticed my 1g bov is open during idle. So I put a a little filter over it. That shouldn't be an issue cause it's before the maf, correct? Edit: bov is not recirculated.

My maf is situated super close to the tb elbow. With it going from 3 inch to 2.25 in close proximity could this be creating a dead spot in airflow in those conditions? I'm stumped. If anyone has any ideas id appreciate it.
Annnnnd Yes I know my install is a little messy, I have to work tomorrow and I couldn't wait any longer. It will be cleaned up soon.
Specs: stock injectors. Fuel lab fpr set to 43 with vac line off. Stock rewired fp. Stock t25, working on a datalogger. Using afr to tune for now

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back