The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Help with volk 2g subframe bushings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98gsx

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2005
Wappingers, New_York
I am in need of some help regarding Volks 2g rear subframe bushings. I ordered a set today, and started removing my stock ones. I've burnt out the two inner collars and all the rubber. My question is does the outer most collar stay within the subframe, or is it removed?

I emailed Paul late but he has yet to get back to me. The reason I ask is that I see some brands require the outside collar to say inside the frame.

Please people who have used or installed this on a 2g. Thanks

I am in need of some help regarding Volks 2g rear subframe bushings. I ordered a set today, and started removing my stock ones. I've burnt out the two inner collars and all the rubber. My question is does the outer most collar stay within the subframe, or is it removed?

I emailed Paul late but he has yet to get back to me. The reason I ask is that I see some brands require the outside collar to say inside the frame.

Please people who have used or installed this on a 2g. Thanks

I removed outer ring when I did my volk rear subframe bushings. I'm pretty sure they won't even fit with the ring still in. I actually put them in the freezer over night to help shrink them a little to make the install a little easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back