The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Front subframe bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsGSTeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
I'm gunna be getting my front subframe powdercoat and was wondering if there are aftermarket poly or poly style mounts to replace the stock ones. The ones that actually mount the subframe to the body. I don't want solid ones.

hmm so really on the solid ones and oem ones are my only options at this point. The problem is I'm getting my subframe powdercoated so I'm assuming I will have to get new ones

If you contact Mitsubishi, (I did over 3-4 years ago), only 4 of the 6 were avail. the other 2 were discontinued, so I went ahead and machined my own out of aluminum billet T-6061. No other options unfortunately.

Why not just go billet? I mean sure the vibration will be more but what else are you gonna do. A little bit of vibration never hurt anyone haha. I was actually in this problem too but am thinking on just getting the solid ones.

I've been thinking that if one could get measurements of the existing bushings, it's entirely possible that Energy Suspension or Prothane probably have ones that will fit already,...

I think Adam (black_gst) is in the process of designing some poly ones, but I don't think they're done yet. There may be someone else making them as well, but again, they're not yet into production.

actually Boostx has designed some and is currently testing them, once i caught wind of that i stopped working on mine

I've been thinking that if one could get measurements of the existing bushings, it's entirely possible that Energy Suspension or Prothane probably have ones that will fit already,...

and im confident that you wont find bushings that will work off the shelf, these bushings have to have a step in them since they actually hold up the subframe, so it cant just be a round bushing

Well anyway, I'm starting to collect parts for the big suspension job, and I'd like to replace all the bushings while I'm in there, so getting something for these would be helpful.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back