The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Help with turbo setup first DSM!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97SpyderTX

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Hi, I was looking to find some anwsers about my turbo setup. I just purchased my first dsm, it has a greddy profec B boost controller, tial 38 mm external wastegate and greddy turbo system under the hood. Can anyone let me know how the wastegate should be hooked up to the boost controller, I wanna get the best proformace outta this machine thanks. Also running a Apexi Super AVC that i have no idea how to tune if anyone can help please I would greatly appreciate it.:confused:

Hope this helps, its a diagram for your actual boost controller

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A few notes: On the profec-B, there are 4 jumpers on the control unit that can be set for low or high boost operational modes. the profec-B will not work (esp on upgraded turbos) unless set to HIGH BOOST mode! beware, for selecting the wrong mode and flooring it will result in unregulated boost... which is never a good thing.

^^ Im not sure what the hell this guy is doing or what that drawing is of.

This is pretty simple. First you have the Boost Control Valve (this has 2 nipples if im correct). All you do is have one line running from the WG to the BCV. Then the next nipple goes to a boost source (normally a nipple on the turbo compressor or Jpipe) This is JUST LIKE THE STOCK UNIT, except now you have control over it.

So basically WG-----BCV-----Turbo/jpipe nipple

There should only be 2 lines. Im not sure why this guy has like 5 and a T'ed of section

And he has 2 lines running off a WG? WTF

There is only 1.... dur

Ok well for hooking up the waste-gate it should have a hose from the MBC and the MBC should be fed from as close to the turbo as possible. What turbo did u buy? Are you using the stock piping? If so use all the stock locations. If your not using the stock piping and don't want to weld a new hookup for the MBC then run a tee from the bov line and hook the MBC up to that. And what boost levels are you going to run i wouldnt run much more then 14-15 on a stock setup.

Ok well for hooking up the waste-gate it should have a hose from the MBC and the MBC should be fed from as close to the turbo as possible. What turbo did u buy? Are you using the stock piping? If so use all the stock locations. If your not using the stock piping and don't want to weld a new hookup for the MBC then run a tee from the bov line and hook the MBC up to that. And what boost levels are you going to run i wouldnt run much more then 14-15 on a stock setup.

Did you even attempt to read the actual posts in this thread?

Did you even attempt to read the actual posts in this thread?

Indeed I read them.WTF And replied accordingly. As for the Op you need a logger to tune with the afc. Once you get one theres a lot of good links to help you tune it. In the Vfaqs theres a few really good links look in there they should be able to answer your questions. If not ask and well get you started.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back