The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help! Megan Racing coilover install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2010
Down by the bay, California
I got the fronts in fine. But the rear ones are giving me a fight. The sleeve is to big you fit in the coilover. Is there a way to remove the sleeve?

Attachments

• picture023.jpg
    picture023.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 187
  • picture024.jpg
    picture024.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 164
Sand it down a bit, it could be rusted a bit there. Also, use anti-seize when you install it so that wont happen again.

I did but theres a metal sleeve on there that's to big. Can it come off?

I have also had to remove it with a die grinder and air hammer before. Hopefully it's not to stuck! Good luck

Im sure thats his problem. Its a sleeve left over from the old shock. I have had it happen twice. Its a real bear to get off. I can remember if I used a dremel or heat but I eventually got it off. Then use anti sieze. Also if its stuck on I would sandpaper it once off to clean it up prior to the anti seize.

Yea that's what it looks like. I'm about to order a set and ditch my AGX/Sportline setup, blew two of my front shocks in the past 3 months after having them installed since 2009. My car now feels like you're riding a magic carpet going down the highways here.

I'm glass I'm not alone. I'm having the same issue with my rear megan coilovers. Got both off but sleeves are seized bad. I don't have a whole lot of tools I might try buying a pipe wrench and propane torch. They are on really good....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 131
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back