The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help identifing this wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fehrion_sit

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2009
chalfont, Pennsylvania
attached is a picture of the wire in question. it comes out of alternator wiring harness. the oil filter housing electronics are all hooked up and the alternator wiring harness is plugged in and battery terminal is connected .. any ideas?

Attachments

• 310428_10151380110389056_1460302255_n.jpg
    310428_10151380110389056_1460302255_n.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 117
I agree with miguelmcv. i would take pic of mine but camera died. my 91 has different connector but it should reach up to pump right above alternator

hope these pics help

sorry bout the crappy phone pics, but like stated above looks like connector was replaced ( a stake-on like that wouldn't really work for my '91)

Attachments

• P070912_11.15.jpg
    P070912_11.15.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 90
  • P070912_11.17.jpg
    P070912_11.17.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 93
  • P070912_11.18.jpg
    P070912_11.18.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 92
attached is a picture of the wire in question. it comes out of alternator wiring harness. the oil filter housing electronics are all hooked up and the alternator wiring harness is plugged in and battery terminal is connected .. any ideas?

Judging by the area I would say it goes to your steering pump, or your oil cooler/pump sending unit, or your oil cooler/pump connection for your gauge. So, blue and white, yellow, or yellow and red (or black).

That looks like a custom wire. It's to massive to be a power steering wire. The stock power steering wires are tiny maybe a 16 ga wire. Maybe it's another body ground? You would have to trace the wire back to where it originated from to be sure. Plus look at the terminal at the end of it. Nothing like the power steering wire terminal.

i put the ring terminal on it because i thought stupidly that it was for the alternator, im sorry guys, ill pull back the tape and get the wire color.

the wire color is light brown, possibly tan behind the tape, it had no terminal end and was just frayed wires when i got it

Anybody have an idea what that plug even does? I thought it had something to do with your idle during turning.Youre not the only one thats happened too. All you really need is something that goes over that nipple

Anybody have an idea what that plug even does? I thought it had something to do with your idle during turning.Youre not the only one thats happened too. All you really need is something that goes over that nipple

It bump up the idle, when the steering sensor sees pressure by the pump, it grounds and send the signal to the ECU, then the ECU sends current to the sensor at your throttle body and bump up the idle, that way the engine doesn't stall when turning the wheels at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back