The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Help! DW300 Fuel Pump install!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raab1

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2017
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
Hey guys, I wasn’t sure what section to put this in. But I have my fuel pump assembly all put back together with the dw300 mounted on it, and was about to throw it in before work here but figured I should pump the brakes because I don’t want to do this again and want to make sure I did it right since the instructions aren’t the best and the closest videos I could find was the wally255 videos everywhere, and a write up from maperformance right when the dw300s were about to come out and I saw that they were making changes in the install kits early on. So first of all my car is a 2g Gsx. The install kit came with the sock (went on no problem), o ring lube and 2 o rings. These plastic pieces off my stock pump (I’ll post a pic below) is what I used with just one of the two o rings. The white piece cracked trying to put clip it onto the new one as it seems to be a little bigger on the dw300. I got it to clip on and installed it anyways. The o ring was a son of a gun to get in there too, it was tighter than heck.

I just want to make sure I’m good to go with this as I saw a dw300 video for an evo and they used both o rings and that was it. Do I need to put both o rings in? Do I use the white and black plastic pieces from my stock pump? I’m hoping to throw it in tonight after work. I know a bunch of guys are running them I just don’t know why there isn’t much for write ups on them specifically. So if anyone knows please let me know! Thanks!!

Attachments

• 94E5D9F2-E5CD-472C-BA02-C129C13B7050.jpeg
    94E5D9F2-E5CD-472C-BA02-C129C13B7050.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 101
Hey guys, I wasn’t sure what section to put this in. But I have my fuel pump assembly all put back together with the dw300 mounted on it, and was about to throw it in before work here but figured I should pump the brakes because I don’t want to do this again and want to make sure I did it right since the instructions aren’t the best and the closest videos I could find was the wally255 videos everywhere, and a write up from maperformance right when the dw300s were about to come out and I saw that they were making changes in the install kits early on. So first of all my car is a 2g Gsx. The install kit came with the sock (went on no problem), o ring lube and 2 o rings. These plastic pieces off my stock pump (I’ll post a pic below) is what I used with just one of the two o rings. The white piece cracked trying to put clip it onto the new one as it seems to be a little bigger on the dw300. I got it to clip on and installed it anyways. The o ring was a son of a gun to get in there too, it was tighter than heck.

I just want to make sure I’m good to go with this as I saw a dw300 video for an evo and they used both o rings and that was it. Do I need to put both o rings in? Do I use the white and black plastic pieces from my stock pump? I’m hoping to throw it in tonight after work. I know a bunch of guys are running them I just don’t know why there isn’t much for write ups on them specifically. So if anyone knows please let me know! Thanks!!

Hello, I assume by now you resolved your question. But just in case someone else has the same problem/issue, I just installed a new DW300, kit #9-301-0847 yesterday, to replace my old Walbro 255. The O-rings DW300 supplies are way to big to use in our 2G DSM hanger's inlet where the DW300's outlet pipe goes into. I used the smaller o-ring from my old Walbro's outlet (which was in perfect shape) along with the same two parts you have pictured in your post. See the pic below. Hope this helps someone out:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know you aren't the original poster but thank you for adding the "fix" and the pictures. Very much appreciated! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back