The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Headlight Lens Restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had my headlights out to install my FMIC and my best friend came by and said "Why don't we fix those faded headlights, since you are doing a LED light conversion, it will take me about 5 minutes".
I said, "I'll follow you home!!!"

Here are the results!

You can see how yellowed the lenses were, and I had seen where some people were wanting to take their lenses out, but the insides are not dirty or yellowed, it is the OUTSIDE.

My best friend is a body shop man, and has all of the sandpaper, compound and an air buffer. It really did take about 5 minutes each, with me holding the assembly, while he sanded it and then buffed it with Maguires #105 Mirror Glaze Ultra Cut Compound.

YOU WILL GET MESSY, but it is just compound, you will clean up!
I know a lot of people will say, did you clear coat it them?
No, we did not. He said the clear will yellow just like the plastic will, and then you have to sand the clear to get back to the plastic. You could see all of the old yellowed plastic coming off as he sanded it in one or two of the pictures I took.

Just wanted to share how I got them to look so dam good! :thumb:
This will work with all of our plastic lenses, all years, except the 1ga's which have glass sealed beams.

Next, see my article that shows my LED conversion on these and the fog lights.....you will love them!
You can find it here-------> https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1gb-led-headlight-conversion.524976/#post-153735999

Marty
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Do they still look like that now? I've been thinking of changing my headlights but if this is a cheaper version then I'll do this instead! Also, did you just use 1000 grit only?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back