The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Head Installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derail20T

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Hey guys, I am planning on having my rebuilt head and cams installed on my car over the winter. Does anyone know any good shops or freelancers in Michigan that would do this for a reasonable price? I've gotten 1 quote so far for $648, does this sound like a good price? I've thought of tackling the job myself, but I've never done one before and it could be worth getting a shop to do it if it's cheap enough... Any suggestions are appreciated!

That seems a bit but for 70 a hour alone, I did mine I took my time and it wasn't bad at all just take your time. I wouldn't pay that but that's me.

Price should not be the main focus point on having a head built and installed.

$648 is way cheap, if that includes the the parts and labor to have the head R&R, and the price of the head rebuild

Rebuilding the head is a pretty easy job. I'd say tackle it yourself, there are plenty of writeups on doing it. And you can save that $600 and get some other parts aswell.

If you are set on having a shop do it contact Strictly Import Motorsports, they're right in Michigan, they have some of the best pricings, and do great work.

I spoke with Jackson Auto a little while back and they claimed that SIM doesnt actually do their own machining. They have a machine shop do it for them. Any truth to this? As for me, im gonna talk to Bogus when the time comes...

I spoke with Jackson Auto a little while back and they claimed that SIM doesnt actually do their own machining. They have a machine shop do it for them. Any truth to this? As for me, im gonna talk to Bogus when the time comes...

There is some truth behind this.

We do not claim to do all machining in house we do out source some of it to a local shop to us that does AMAZING WORK!

We do the following in house. Tear down, Cleaning, porting/polishing, guide replacements, seat/valve grinding, assembly.

The only thing we out source is the head resurfacing.

We do not have a CBN cutting machine in house and for the price we pay to have the shop in town do it its just hard to spend the $20,000+ on a quality CBN machine. We rather send it to them. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back