The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Head build up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
I finally got my head back from the shop and now I can't wait to put it on! I got the PEP +1mm, New Valve guides, valve locks, Crower Springs and Titanium retainers, 3 angle comp. valve job, and cleaned and decked it! What does every one think? He charged me 275 to install it all and do the valve job and pressure test it, is that reasonable?(I think so but I have never had head work done before)

Attachments

• head 1.jpg
    head 1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 223
  • head 2.jpg
    head 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 219
  • head 3.jpg
    head 3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 224
  • head 4.jpg
    head 4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 0403072105.jpg
    0403072105.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 224
My machine shop charged my friend $400 for a full head rebuild, but he had EVERYTHING redone. Good deal if he is installing it aswell, Congrats on the finished product, and I hope to see some times after the install.

The oversized valves probably werent neccessary, but they sure are pretty :)

I know some people who said they noticed a bigger difference from the valves than the crane 14s. I furnished all of the parts he just did the labor. I want to push around 15psi I don't think that its over kill, I already have it apart why not build it you know.

Looks good to me. I probably would've tried to save a little money and assemble it myself, but I don't think $275 is a bad price for what you got.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back