The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

have a question about the ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2009
Fitzgerald, Georgia
i just bought a 97 eclipse gst spyder and it already had the big 16g turbo with stock injectors and stock fuel pump with you guessed it stock ecu. Right now i get fuel cut like crazy from 2nd gear on at around 4500 rpm.
Now my question is i have re-wired my fuel pump (temporary fix til i get a walbro 255) and i just bought a set of RC 550 injectors will i need a safc 2 to tune it properly or will my ecu be able to handle the increase in injector size.

From everything ive been able to gather, yes. Because the ecu is only able to handle so much airflow before it says too much and hits fuel cut. Turn your boost down before you blow your motor

i've tried to 15 psi is the lowest it will go. I hit fuel cut a couple of times and haven't tried it since not til i get the afpr and i'm working on getting a safc 2.

That's what i was thinking but...... like i was saying earlier i have tried to cut down the boost but i can't get the wastegate to hook back up to the exhaust housing after i turn it down.

ok well i have turned down my turbo to stock settings...... I know that since it's a bigger turbo it's not going to be the same as stock. So hopefully i have eliminated my fuel cut.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back