The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Has anybody succeeded to get good idle w/ Megasquirt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaJackal

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2009
Lappeenranta, Europe
OK, now the car gets spark and runs on all 4 cylinders, but the idle is now the problem so I'll just make a new thread.

Has anybody had success getting their 420a to idle correctly? We have MS2 (MS-I Extra v2.2 with a MS2 daughterboard) and we are desperately trying to reach a good steady idle. The MAP sensor is just way too unstable - goes from 20 to 40 all the time. The stock ISCM is causing this: every time it opens, the revs jump to 1500+. Then it closes, so the revs drop down to ~500rpm or even lower. Sometimes the car also stalls.

Do we have to make connections for the ISCM too, or can anybody tell me how on earth we could get the MS working properly with the stock ISCM?

Ok, this is going forward. The wiring is done, but the goddamn ISCM won't move.

At the moment we have connected it like this (ISCM pins from left to right, looking at the connector in the motor itself - locking clip upwards):

MS -------------- ISCM

X2 (Coil 1A) ---- 1
X3 (Coil 1B) ---- 4
X4 (Coil 2A) ---- 2
X5 (Coil 2B) ---- 3

...and the ISCM won't do any movement. Can anybody tell me how the wires should go, and what are the correct settings (pulse etc) for the ISCM?

Ok, this is going forward. The wiring is done, but the goddamn ISCM won't move.

At the moment we have connected it like this (ISCM pins from left to right, looking at the connector in the motor itself - locking clip upwards):

MS -------------- ISCM

X2 (Coil 1A) ---- 1
X3 (Coil 1B) ---- 4
X4 (Coil 2A) ---- 2
X5 (Coil 2B) ---- 3

...and the ISCM won't do any movement. Can anybody tell me how the wires should go, and what are the correct settings (pulse etc) for the ISCM?
Take a look here to verify your wiring:

Megasquirt MSEXTRA / MS3EFI • Docs - 420A (View topic)

Use the idle valve test in advanced to make sure its working correctly. Higher numbers should drive it closer to the IAC body, lower numbers should drive it away, this will verify you're wired right. Search for "IAC closed loop MS3," that's a very good read on how to set it up and tune it. Mine's working just off the idle screw, I'm facing a loss of step issue with my IAC, but I know people have gotten it to work. Closed loop is what you want, but also the hardest to setup. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my closed loop to work well, turns out the IAC back its Pintle off, now that thats fixed, it works like it shoulld.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back