The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Hallman EVO MBC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
I bought this boost controller from boostcontrollers.com and I believe either on their site or the instructions it came with the ceramic ball only "allows" you to turn up the boost 5 psi more than stock. So if stock settings are 10 psi then you can only do 15 psi. But its a load of crap because I have un up to 25 psi on the one I got (damn boost creep- this has been fixed though) and I didnt get the RX model which is suppose to be the one with the other ball. In other words I would just get cheaper of the two and it works the same IMO, or you could always just upgrade the ball later if in fact this is true, which I have come to realize that it isnt.

I bought this boost controller from boostcontrollers.com and I believe either on their site or the instructions it came with the ceramic ball only "allows" you to turn up the boost 5 psi more than stock. So if stock settings are 10 psi then you can only do 15 psi.

My mistake...I meant to say the cheaper one for $160 DOESNT come with the ceramic ball which is the one I got, its the $175 that does and THATS the one thats suppose to "allow" more than 5 psi boost increase, but as mention on the $160 one that I got I have been able to push more than 5 psi. Sorry for the confusion

So basically it is a gimmick?

Hmph...the 5 psi over stock thing worries me a bit. I'm not sure I want to base the fact that it will do more than 5psi over on a car with creep...no offense of course.

Anyone else?

Hmph...the 5 psi over stock thing worries me a bit. I'm not sure I want to base the fact that it will do more than 5psi over on a car with creep...no offense of course.

None taken....But just to let you know I was gettin creep because I had a stock o2 housing on a 16g and Aepxi GT DP....I have fixed my creep with a 2.5" o2 housing and I have been able to push more than 5 psi and hold it strong til redline NO PROBLEM. I think its just a gimmick to get an extra $15 bucks, might be a tad bit better but I dont feel its worth $15 bucks. Good luck with your choice :thumb:

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
Ya here's a tip. Buy an EBC ya cheap bastard. OMG :D

Bite me, hippy. :p

150-170 > 300-400 bucks.

The ceramic is probably harder than the steel balls. Resists wear better. That's all I could think of :confused:

Plus if you read on boostcontroller.com it says this.

The ceramic ball only weighs a fraction of what the stainless steel balls weighs. This weight difference allows the ceramic ball to act very quickly as it is constantly changing directions during operation.

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
Plus if you read on boostcontroller.com it says this.

The ceramic ball only weighs a fraction of what the stainless steel balls weighs. This weight difference allows the ceramic ball to act very quickly as it is constantly changing directions during operation.

What I get for not wearing my glasses.

*shrugs* OMG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back