The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

HAHN Sounds and video

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heh...you know your going to want to go faster after that "Stopping point" might as well just keep going.

sigh...

All the hate
for what???

just so i can own you all in the end?? jk far from finishing my poor broken down future monster :) :dsm:

Grats on yer awesome ride sui though....plz post a timeslip...need to get a motivation to stay fwd, considering selling and buying gsx and working on that with a 6 bolt 4g64 turbo.....a ton more money but awd.....gime a reason to stay Fwd

James, why dont you drop $225 bucks, get a MP 60mm tb, port your intake manifold all crazy like, and enjoy accelerating soo much faster. i felt a huge difference without porting and being N/A. No telling what 60mm, some port work, and boost will do. Goodluck. I've always admired your work and your income. :thumb:

james i have the stage 3 that i installed my self wish i had the fuel management system but my car hauls ass it is a blast to drive and like you say when she spools she spools i push 15 to 18 psi of boost i cant keep mine on a dyno it walks to much i think i have to much camber but just wonder what stage you have? mine was thrown together by brad there!!

Originally posted by GS--t sleeper
james i have the stage 3 that i installed my self wish i had the fuel management system but my car hauls ass it is a blast to drive and like you say when she spools she spools i push 15 to 18 psi of boost i cant keep mine on a dyno it walks to much i think i have to much camber but just wonder what stage you have? mine was thrown together by brad there!!
holy run on sentence.. so you can barely keep it on the dyno? thats odd ive seen 500hp cars not move at all on the rollers..

alright i am sorry i had a run on sentence and my grammer is not good but i could not dyno my car because it walked from side to side but they did not strap it down i dont know why my buddy took my car to the place i didnt so i think it is my camber on my car it is too much. but i didnt say my car had to much hp to stay on the dyno i just said it walked on the dyno. it is my 4th day on here and i already had 5 people jump all over me and down grade the shit out of me and you people fight a lot why what is the point. we all like dsm and we all enjoy talking about it but you all dont have to jump on peoples shit just cause the miss spell a word or have a run on sentence i didnt know this was a english class. sure all of are cars are really fast but everyone has to relize that there is going to be one ot there that is fast and built up more. and i realize that i may not know everything but i know alot about my car so others shouldnt put others down they should get off there high horse and teach the other people that think they know, when the dont know. just dont sit there and down grade people i dont like to be and other people probley dont like it either. i am just on here to learn and chat with other gs ---t people and even learn alittle about the 4g63.

i have heard that the 4g63 is easyer to make fast than the 420 a but this is not true facts. but what i heard is all you need on 4g63 is a boost gauge boost controller and fuel management system. but i dont know so dont hold me to it.

ps dont write back and tell me i run on my sentences and dont know what i am talking about. i was just here to learn, but now it is no fun so you people do what you want but some of you can be really rude and it gets old quick. so see you all around

later

well said.. i wasent bashing your car or anything.. and why did u turn this into yet another 420a vs 4g63 battle. next time get that bad boy strapped down and maybe you could put down even more hp.?

i have heard that the 4g63 is easyer to make fast than the 420 a but this is not true facts. but what i heard is all you need on 4g63 is a boost gauge boost controller and fuel management system. but i dont know so dont hold me to it.

In all fairness once you start putting down serious power with either the 4G63 GST vs the 420a GS/RS it is not easy to run "quick". Both cars are FWD and traction becomes more of an issue than what engine is in the car. Yes there are several folks that put down 400hp on the stock 4G63 bottom end but really if you royally suck as a driver mad hp is not going to save you. While traction assistants like an Quaffe LSD, prothane mounts, or slicks/DRs would help they can do more damage than good sometimes. If too much transfers to the driveline you can damage your axles. I was able to pull 2.0 60fts with my FWD A/T with stock mounts, stock diff, and street tires runing a Super 20G so as long as you know how to feather the throttle you should be able to do better with a 5-speed.

I'm not going to get into the 4G63 debate because everyone has thier opinions and I'm not going to pi$$ on anyones parade. Hard work, experience, and proper tuning will get you into the results you want.

i am sorry i blew up at everyone but just reading the threads everyone was bashing everyone. but were he took my car we had a free run there and we still do so i just have to ask when normaly getting dynoed you strap it down right?

and i dont want to start a 420a vs 4g63 war i just was saying what i heard but can a 4g63 handle high boost all the time on stock internals?

can a 4g63 handle high boost all the time on stock internals?

That really depends on the turbo and the hp you are making. Really large turbos like the BR580 I would say 18psi is the most you would want to run on pump gas on stock internals. I have a Super 20G and I can run 23psi all day long on pump gas and 28+ on stock internals. Really what it boils down to is hp, the more hp you put on the stock 2G rods the more of a risk you have of damage to the engine. There is a guy here in STL who ran right around 450hp on the stock internals on a 2G. I have heard the 1G big rods are more stable for higher hp applications. The general consensus about 2G 4G63s is that you don't want to run much over 400hp on the stock internals.

Can somebody post some working clips? All of the links and clips on this thread don't work. thanks
Heff

I dont think I am going to post pic's or video's of my motor rebuild and turbo installation. I dont want people to start talking shit, In fact I have not wanted to post on www.dsmtuners.com for a couple of weeks. I have pics and some other stuff I was going to put in my pic gallery but damn. But any ways im gann go work on my car later:dsm:

Hey siueclipse you have a sweet setup, a real asset to the 420a community, thanks for posting the vids, now I want to finish saving up for that kit(bout half way there now)
what kind of cams are you running with this setup? :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back