The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

gt35r w/t4 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zross1

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2004
Pocatello, Idaho
Sorry to beat the gt35r questions into the ground, but I was wondering who has used a t4 hot side with this turbo. I'm thinking .84 a/r full t4. I know it might be a little laggy, but that's ok. I'm hoping full boost by 5000 rpm's. I'll be reving to 9-9500 rpms. Those who have used or know anything about this turbo with any t4 a/r please let me know where you spooled, and what a/r you had.
Thanks,
Also, my mod list isn't to up to date, but I have 9:2 compression and all supporting mods.

Ams has done it. I spoke with them about this last year. I can't remember exactly how much power they said they picked up but I thought it was 50-80whp just from changing the housings. Full boost was somewhere around 5500 rpms, I don't remember the A/R of the hotside they used . Email Ams they will have more information.

Thanks, I just emailed AMS and they said 615 whp on 28 psi with a .63 a/r.

It doesn't amke sense to me to run a bog hotside on a wheel you can max out relatively easily. A .68 or even a .58 t4 would be fine for the gt35 compressor. Unless you are worried about pump gas power, then go for it. Keep in ming the .68 t4 is comporable to the .82 t3 as far as lag/power is concerrened, so going beyond that isn't even needed.

Ya I think your right. I'll probably go with a .63.

zross1 said:
Ya I think your right. I'll probably go with a .63.

T3: .48 A/R, .63 A/R, .82 A/R

T4: .59 A/R, .68 A/R, .81 A/R, .96 A/R

Those are some of the more common choices. If you're talking .63 it's a T3 housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back