The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G GSX - Fuel level sender(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
One of my fuel level senders is not working, needle only goes half way. I'm missing half the range.

Where o where can we find replacement parts for the stock fuel level sensor?

I was just looking at this stuff the other day. I would try Performance partout and miller first then ebay. I'm pretty sure it's the long metal line with a black thing on the end of it for our AWD cars. Maybe yours is just stuck or caught on something? Have you opened the fuel tank yet?

I was just looking at this stuff the other day. I would try Performance partout and miller first then ebay. I'm pretty sure it's the long metal line with a black thing on the end of it for our AWD cars. Maybe yours is just stuck or caught on something? Have you opened the fuel tank yet?
I opened the return side, and quickly realized I needed to get new tank seals, and all the rubber hoses before going further. I managed to put it back together for now. The new seals arrived, and I have parts to rebuild the short high pressure supply hose, but I need to get all the low pressure hose on hand before going in again. The return side seems ok - moves ok, resistance range is ok, float seem to still float. I think I will find the issue on the pump side of the tank.

Justin, sorry if I missed another post, and it's been a few years...and I may not have dug deeper into the search engine here (shame on me) but,
Did your sender ohm out properly after a clean, rebuild, or did you find a new sender?
I recently replaced my tank, did the hi low lines, and replaced the pump hanger and mods for an fittings , but Guage reads 1/8 tank max even though I put 3/4 tank in.
Can guages go bad?
Do Galant senders work on 2GBTs?

I could definitely get in there and ohm the sender(haven't yet) to confirm if the sender or the guage, just wondering if you found a solution.
Your build is my first bookmark!
Thanks for your effort
Chris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back